Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me with this because I think my local shop is trying to screw me. Let me apologize in advance for the long post, but I want to be as thorough with my information as possible.

Basically - I have had 2 of these systems installed in two different vehicles. The first one was a 1999 Mercury Mystique. I never had a problem with it.

I got this alarm system installed on my '05 TB and have had nothing but problems. I am on my 3rd remote and now the local shop says they will not replace it because its just the remotes going bad and nothing is wrong with the alarm system itself.

Since this is a 2-way system, I hit the button on the remote to lock, unlock, remote start, etc. Lets say I hit the button to lock the car, the remote sends the command to lock, the alarm system sends back a page saying the car was locked, normally one short beep. The remote is no longer getting back the page from the alarm system. It's doing a 3-double beep (beep-beep, beep-beep, beep-beep) to tell me that the command didn't work or was not received. But it was. The car was locked.

Now I understand that this COULD be a remote problem - but the signal is getting to the alarm system to do what I told it, it's just not getting the page back from the alarm. Added to that the fact that in the past 6 months I have had 3 new remotes since the first one started doing this.

The local shop that installed the alarm system now has new owners. They have told me that they were giving me a new remote as a courtesy since I have blown tons of money there in the past, but since the alarm warranty is only on the alarm, they can't give me any new remotes. (They gave me this last one for free because the 2nd one stopped working after 2 days and they figured it was just broken.)

I'm seriously thinking this is a problem with the alarm and not the remotes. I find it hard to believe that after years of having this system in one car with no problems and now after 2 years of having it in the TB, the remotes are just frying themselves.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
25 Posts
i had this same problem with my 2way viper alarm. After multiple remotes and antenna replacment, the shop installed a new brain box. Problem solved. No problems since and this was 6 months ago.:m2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts