Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home last night after a baseball game, I went to get my things out of the back of my 02 Trailblazer LT. I went to unlatch the lift gate but was unable to. Thought it may have been locked, but I noticed when I went to unlock it with the keyless remote the lift gate which usually makes a noise to unlock it, wouldn't make the noise it usually does. So now I cannot get the dang thing to open at all. I have been searching all day for any answers to what this might be. I noticed on another forum that a person that was having an issue with the radio turning off right away after turning the ignition off instead of it turning off when a door is opened was having similar issues with their lift gate.

Would this be a similar problem? Electric/Fuse problem? Searching for some answers, not real smart when it comes to this stuff so any help/suggestions would be great! Thank You

-Tyler

· Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
When you use the keyfob do the other four doors unlock? If so, then you have power to the lliftgate control module because that's where the receiver is. You might have simple corrosion in the solenoid latch that the keyfob controls inside the liftgate. Take off the interior panels and look. If you check the Owner's Manual there's an emergency procedure spelled out how to open the liftgate if the power fails. Latch corrosion has been discussed before, and you could run a search.

· Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
285 Posts
This happened to me recently as well.

This is going to sound silly... but you know the little button on the rear gate that you press to open the window? Make sure it is all the way out. It may look like it is out, but it may stick "in" a little, preventing the lock to unlock when commanded to do so. (Kinda like when someone pulls a door handle at the same time you press the button to unlock it.)

Once it is all the way out, try the lock again.

Hope it is something that simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.