Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie to the thread so bare with me aha. I have a 2003 trailblazer ls. everything works pretty good on it. Only issues i'm having are the RKE system and the rear wiper. I attempted to program a GM OEM key fob but when i put the car in programming mode, it cycles once (lock, unlock) and then does it again 5 seconds later. it doesn't give me a chance. the tailgate locks/unlocks with the driver/passenger buttons. and the rear wiper works but not the fluid. i have tried almost everything except take it to a dealer (my absolute last option). i've read all over the forum. most people say it may be the LGM. others say its a fuse. is there anyways to check to find out what the problem is or a solution for it? thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
234 Posts
So do you have any remotes connected to it?

1.replace the battery in the remote and try to program you never know if the battery on a remote is dead.
2. if after replacing the remote battery it fails to program please stop by your local dealers service dept. Ask the shop to test the remote you have to make sure its sending a good signal.
The dealer has a kent moore tester for remotes.There should be no cost to check your remote.
You can also have the parts dept check the number on your remote to make sure its the correct part number.

Rear Wiper issue, check your hoses and see if there is any leak in the water when you spray. Most times the disconnect is between the back of the headlight where the hose connects into the pumps.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do you have any remotes connected to it?

1.replace the battery in the remote and try to program you never know if the battery on a remote is dead.
2. if after replacing the remote battery it fails to program please stop by your local dealers service dept. Ask the shop to test the remote you have to make sure its sending a good signal.
The dealer has a kent moore tester for remotes.There should be no cost to check your remote.
You can also have the parts dept check the number on your remote to make sure its the correct part number.

Rear Wiper issue, check your hoses and see if there is any leak in the water when you spray. Most times the disconnect is between the back of the headlight where the hose connects into the pumps.
i don't believe any other remotes were connected. and i've already had this one checked and tested. the numbers match up fine and the battery also works.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
234 Posts
After reading a bit more about this issue, it appears you might have a system that is not allowing you to resync any remotes. Most of the time you have a system that will allow you to interchange out these remotes like how you have read online. But in some cases like yours, you have issues where the RKE system will not allow you to reprogram them. I think you will have to see the dealer to unlock this feature. Your system seems to be working because it cycles 5 secs after. The most people get to doing it a lot of testing and retesting troubleshooting, but that seems to excessive since your system does lock/unlock when you attempt to cycle and reprogram a remote. I would think you have to take it to the dealer. :sadcry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts