Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my battery replaced today causing nothing but trouble. First off when they hooked up my battery it set off my Viper alarm system and would not allow my car to turn on. we had to reset the alarm system by unhooking the battery and disabling the alarm before we turned the car on. it worked and we were able to get the car started and from what i could tell everything was working great. after driving off i noticed that my car would stall and shut off when i stopped at a light for longer than a few minutes. i managed to drive it home without any problems, from what i could tell the car will only stall when the AC it turned on and the car is at a stop. if the AC is off and the car is at a stop it runs normal and has no issues. i had autozone check the alternator and battery and both tested out ok. anyone know why this could be happening?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:iagree: The A/C is the big give away. To do it right means disconnecting the battery again, so remember the Viper when you reconnect it. It is also a good idea to turn OFF everything before disconnecting the battery. And turn the key to Run position without starting it and let everything reset for 90 seconds, then start the engine.:m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys, I will try to clean the TB tonight and let y’all know if it worked.
One last question… I was thinking of installing a TB spacer for a little added horsepower, what would the gains be on a Trailblazer and am I better off with just CAI and an upgraded exhaust? What other bolt-ons are available for Trailblazers?

·
Registered
217 Posts
TB spacers are a gimmick, you can get the drop in K&N filter, a CAI kit, make your own CAI, exhaust. A PCM tune would help the most.

At 6 years old any overlooked regular maintenance could be holding you back.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
18 Posts
Thanks for the help guys, I will try to clean the TB tonight and let y’all know if it worked.
One last question… I was thinking of installing a TB spacer for a little added horsepower, what would the gains be on a Trailblazer and am I better off with just CAI and an upgraded exhaust? What other bolt-ons are available for Trailblazers?
was your problem solved after cleaning TB?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
Same problem with mine :(

Had the battery in my truck replaced yesterday and same problem. Stalls when stopped at intersections, and when the A/C kicks in. I'm gonna clean out the TB tonight and hope that it takes care of the problem.

The PCM on mine is also kicking out a CODE P0105, indicating that the MAP sensor is reporting out of spec voltage. I'm hoping that this is just due to the needed cleaning, but I'll be checking prices on the sensor today. if it's not too much, I may just swap it out anyway.

-Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts