Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. All of a sudden I lost my retained accessory power. When I turn my ignition off I lose my interior lights and my radio. It used to stay on till I opened door. Also the only button that works on my master power window switch is the one for the driver's window. My key fob locks and unlocks doors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All fuses good. Is it possible BCM or is there a switch on door latch not telling BCM it is in closed position.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
All fuses good. Is it possible BCM or is there a switch on door latch not telling BCM it is in closed position.
The switch would be my guess. The BCM thinks a door is open and has turned off the RAP.
I have noticed, with my truck, if I open my door just the 1st notch (still closed and latched, just not completely closed) the radio will turn off, but the door is not open enough for the interior lights to come on.
The BCM probably thinks one of your doors is ajar. The question is, which one. The 2nd question, is it a switch or maybe a broken wire in the door bundle where it flexes at the door hinge. It might also be a ground problem at a door.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Yeah, you have to figure out what the truck thinks is that ain't.:crazy:

There were a few posts about wires being broken in the wiring harness at the top of the rear lift gate that caused problems like that.
Does it lock and unlock correctly?:undecided

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took switch out of door, cleaned plugs and used dielectric grease. All is good now.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
124 Posts
On the subject of "RAP problems", occasionally my deck will stay on when I open my door, other times it shuts down like normal. The other day I opened my door and the lights on my deck flickered...I ended up having to remove the face to shut it off completely. Any ideas?
I've already gone into all the wiring to make sure nothing looked loose...it was installed my friggin' Circuit City cause it was free, but they used BUTT CONNECTORS. Seriously, is solder that hard to use, lol?! I'll probably redo all the wiring for my own piece of mind, but I can't see that being the problem.
Maybe a nasty connection at the driver's door switch? How'd you pull and clean the switch ltbuick (just asking cause my wife has the TB right now so I can't go out and look)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts