Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 Trailblazer has started resetting the clock every time the ignition is turned off. The radio is slow to come on and the clock always has 12:00 for the time. I've checked the fuses that I think may have something to do with this but all fuses are good.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The radio is powered by constant power that doesn't even go through the ignition switch. It wakes up when the ignition switch goes on, which wakes up the body control module, which sends a class 2 data bus message to the radio to wake up. Sounds like a bum radio to me.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
any other problems with the truck.. if that is the only thing then yea sounds like bum radio as roadie said.. if other things are acting skitzo then mite have a ground loose somewhere..

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
997 Posts
Clean and tighten your battery cables, then have your battery load-tested. Anything below about 500 CCA, and it is time for a new battery.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything else is working and the radio will work and the clock works as long as the engine is running. This all started after not starting one morning. After jumping off everything else has been fine and I've been able to crank vechile everyday since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts