Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay -- follow me, current problem each front brake caliper 'grabs' through the day, not both at the same time , left / right take turns, it is 'fine' when cold starts grabbing through the day, the pedal is normal then feels too high when pads are 'dragging' - i have replaced one caliper, both hoses, master cylinder, now all this started couple months ago - right rear brake line rusted through , wife drove it a few miles leaking, prob got air in ABS system, thought it was master cylinder, took it to shop they said had to "power flush" it, So Now What ??

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
solved ?

well, looks like over a hundred people read this post - but didnt have any suggestions ~ So to summarize , it started with the right rear brake line rusted through, wife drove it abit, got air in the ABS, i thought it was the master cylinder , i had replaced the rear caliper, master cylinder, , then had the problem of the pedal feeling 'high' and front brakes dragging, burned through a set of pads in 4500miles, yes i changed one front cylinder, both front hoses, pads and rotors -still no solution, then replaced ABS 'block' and had to 'power flush' used a snap-on scanner, bought new front wheel hubs with new ABS sensors in front still not solved (changed upper ball joints while i had it apart) -- ~ then had an Idea -- ?rear ABS speed sensors (watched a few youtube videos)-- there are two sensors in tailshaft of transmission - bought both off rockauto.com -- problem solved !!
So i had taken it to two different ~mechanics~ $400 for the first, $275 the second --- i had to do some research and fix it myself

1 - 2 of 2 Posts