Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new thermostat without removing the alternator.In the process I broke an electrical plug in near the thermostat. The wires still look attached but I'm not sure what they run to.

I didn't notice anything funny till today. When I was leaving work I heard a weird squeeling noise from the drivers front just as I hit about 10mph.I heard the sound twice then it went away.

Anybody have ideas what this plug in runs to?

Here is a pic of the pigtail that I broke.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
is there enought wire to solder it back together? thats what i did on the 2wire connector for the alt.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there enought wire to solder it back together? thats what i did on the 2wire connector for the alt.

I think I might need a new sensor....the wires are all still connected to the pigtail but it looks broken fo sho. lol I'll try to take some better pics tomorrow during the day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took some more pics this morning....

General area...

Zooming in on the sensor.....

Coolant temp sensor maybe????? Any ideas??

Here is a pic looking up at it from underneath....

From this angle you can see the whole plastic head of the sensor has broke off from the metal.

Any ideas????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New idea.... High pressure cut off switch for the A/C. :duh:

That would explain the squeeling sound I heard. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it turns out it was a high pressure cut off switch for the A/C. $40 from auto zone and 15 minutes to change out. Didnt lose any freon in the process either. :D

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
8 Posts
Do you still have the pics for the high pressure cutoff switch? I think mine went bad but I don't know where it is located. My compressor doesn't shut off when there is too much pressure causing refrigerant to blow out. Also, any info on changing it would be helpful.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
There is a low pressure switch on the dryer/receiver, towards the passenger fender side. Item 32 in the drawing. GM #89040362 ACDelco #15-50156

The high pressure cutoff isn't a switch, it's a sensor. At 350 PSI the PCM disables the compressor clutch, and re-enables it at 229 PSI. This sensor is on the piping coming out of the compressor. Item #22. GM #22664328 ACDelco #15-5742

Both of them unscrew without needing to recover the refrigerant. Two of the few DIY items in the AC system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts