Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving in a week, and will have to park my Envoy outside for the next year. So I'm a bit concerned about catalytic converter theft. Has anyone tried one of these? https://catclamp.c3.ixwebhosting.com/checkout/ordernow.php
Do they fit our trucks well, and do they seem worth the price?

I also wondering whether it is needed at all. I haven't looked under my 4.2L I6 Envoy, so I don't know where the cat is located, and if it is easy to steal (sadly I already packed my good floor jack for the move.)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
286 Posts
Seeing this thread makes me happy to live in my 600 person town here in Iowa. It is sad when you have to worry about things like catalytic convertors being stolen from a parked vehicle. I have never seen a device like you linked to but I aam amazed that someone makes something like that. Good luck!

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seeing this thread makes me happy to live in my 600 person town here in Iowa. It is sad when you have to worry about things like catalytic convertors being stolen from a parked vehicle. I have never seen a device like you linked to but I aam amazed that someone makes something like that. Good luck!
I'm actually moving to Iowa, in the Quad Cities area. While crime seems lower than Chicago, there still seems to be crime in IA...

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
I have an attack beagle you can borrow to keep an eye on your truck. :D But seriously a friend at work has one on his Silverado SS(lives in an apartment in Elgin and keeps it parked for long periods of time) and I guess he had one stolen on a previous vehicle awhile back.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
I have an attack beagle you can borrow to keep an eye on your truck. :D But seriously a friend at work has one on his Silverado SS(lives in an apartment in Elgin and keeps it parked for long periods of time) and I guess he had one stolen on a previous vehicle awhile back. Just dont know if its worth it.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an attack beagle you can borrow to keep an eye on your truck. :D But seriously a friend at work has one on his Silverado SS(lives in an apartment in Elgin and keeps it parked for long periods of time) and I guess he had one stolen on a previous vehicle awhile back.
:rotfl: Attack beagle.

Does anyone know how easy it is to get to the cat. converter on an I6 trailvoy? I know that a lot of toyotas have it in an easy-to-steal location, but I don't know where ours are (and I don't have a decent jack on hand to lift the truck and check)

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:hijacked WHATS UP, WHATS PART OF IOWA U MOVING TOO. WE NEED SOME MORE QUAD CITY MEMBERS LET ME KNOW WHEN U GET MOVED IM HAVING A MEET IN JULY ON THE 25TH :D
I'm moving to Davenport next week (I'll be working at the Rock Island Arsenal.)

That meet in July sounds nice, but I'm taking the bar exam that next week, so I'll be studying :(

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
Does anyone know how easy it is to get to the cat. converter on an I6 trailvoy? I know that a lot of toyotas have it in an easy-to-steal location, but I don't know where ours are (and I don't have a decent jack on hand to lift the truck and check)
Step 1: Get up from computer
Step 2: Go Outside to where Envoy is
Step 3: Lay down on floor on Passenger side of truck
Step 4: Look

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Step 1: Get up from computer
Step 2: Go Outside to where Envoy is
Step 3: Lay down on floor on Passenger side of truck
Step 4: Look
4 steps? :( Way too many! :p

Good idea though. My last car was a mistubishi eclipse that was lowered 2", so I'm not used to having a vehicle that I can look underneath without a jack.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
251 Posts
Looks interesting but it costs $100 more than a replacement cat.

I use these for security of my vehicles:

Multi purpose security that pays for itself. Fortunately in Ohio with the new "Castle Doctrine Law"
it got alot easier to shoot first ask questions later

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
4 steps? :( Way too many! :p

Good idea though. My last car was a mistubishi eclipse that was lowered 2", so I'm not used to having a vehicle that I can look underneath without a jack.
Get a mild drop, I couldnt get under my 02 when it was lowered completely (its half lowered now, front is but back is stock height...got a big rake to it now).

The cat would be a PITA to get to on our I6s.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks interesting but it costs $100 more than a replacement cat.

I use these for security of my vehicles:

Multi purpose security that pays for itself. Fortunately in Ohio with the new "Castle Doctrine Law"
it got alot easier to shoot first ask questions later
Oh yeah, I'm a fan of the XD (but in .40 S&W instead of .45 ACP). I have an XD40 Tactical and and XD40 Subcompact :)

Although I'm more concerned about my cat being stolen when I'm not around to stop the thief.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,140 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts