Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I know this isn't what you guys normally talk about here, but I was hoping maybe you could help me get my Trailblazer sold. I know you're supposed to wash and vacuum it before you sell it, but what's the next step after that? I want to make it look really nice so someone will want to buy it. I've tried doing the whole detailing thing myself, and failed miserably (I can't hold onto anything). I've tried the whole clay bar thing, but I can't even get done with the hood before I've dropped all the clay on the ground. So, is it worth it to have a professional detail it? Anyone know how much it costs and where you find someone to do it? My black paint is starting to look a little less than deep-and-lustrous, and I think that would be a turn-off for potential buyers. I'm open to any suggestions!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
607 Posts
Outside...wash, 2-3 coats of Liquid Glass, finish wax over that. Meguiar's Hot Shine on the tires, Back To Black/Armor All the black trim, including the wheel wells. Inside...consider renting a steam cleaner with a hose attachment. Clean up good and put on a vinyl protectant. Engine...cover electrical stuff and hit it with Purple Power and Armor All. Be sure to wipe the exposed metal in the engine bay (ex.-under the hood beside the insulating material).

And why are we getting rid of the TB??? :x :laugh:

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
One thing about the good professionals is that they have all the great vacuum attachments. Tiny little nozzles that get into all the cracks and suck it up. Then they know what to clean and how to get into all the corners to make it look showroom perfect.

I would easily pay the $300 to get it done right as it may make the difference between a sale or having to trade it in. Todays market is brutal so only the best will move easily. If you trade it in it will cost you at least $2000 because no matter what they say (blah blah blah) they only pay out at wholesale values.:m2:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, thanks guys! What's this liquid glass stuff? And finish wax? (or did you mean finish with a good wax?) And as for why I'm getting rid of it, I realized about 2 days after I bought it that the TB just really isn't for me. It handles terribly, has no low end power, and gets terrible gas mileage. And, well, it's kind of boring. It's just like an Accord SUV- it's not really terrible at anything (well, except fuel, but that's understandable), but neither does it have anything that it's exceptionally good at. It can tow some, it holds a decent amount of stuff, it's kind of fast, the inside is pretty nice, it looks okay, etc. That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed having it, but I just want to give something else (something cheaper, and with more character) a try. I just hope I end up with something at least 1/2 as reliable.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Since you have tried to detail and were not satisfied with the results, you should consider having a pro detail your TB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts