Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have (courtesy of my own two hands) a pickup bed trailer made from a 1968 Ford (I hope that's not a bad word around here) F-100. I used to have a '69 F-250 as well, but Frodo is no longer with me.

Frankie (so named because the F-100 was a bit of a Frankentruck, with parts from 4 different model years on him) is the trailer. The lights are wired with a 4 pin flat plug, which is also what my '99 Grand Voyager has. The Trailblazer has the factory tow package, and has a round 7 blade plug. I needed an adapter to hook the trailer up to the Trailblazer. The adapter needed about 12" of wire before the flat plug.
I went to AutoZone to see what they had. They had just about everything except what I needed! I was standing there looking at plugs and adapters when some lines from Dr. Seuss's immortal classic "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" came to mind:
"All I need is a reindeer......."
The Grinch looked around.
But since reindeer are scarce, there was none to be found.
Did that stop the old Grinch?
No! The Grinch simply said,
"If I can't find a reindeer, I'll make one instead!"

I bought a 7 blade to 4 pin adapter with the 4 pin molded directly on the back and a 12" 4 pin extension. I plugged the extension onto the adapter, and secured it with a couple of zip ties. I used some cable wrap which I already had and wrapped the wires on the extension, securing it with more zip ties, which I already had. Whoila! Instant adapter with extension!
The best part? I am an AutoZone rewards member, and had a $20 rewards credit, which I used, so this adapter didn't cost me a penny! :D

I have several hitch ball mounts, I just need to find out which one will work best to put the trailer tongue at the right height. That will be for another day, though.
Sniff, sniff! I smell lasagna! Later, folks! :excited:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts