Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son also packed a new "Pre-runner" type front bumper inside my "new" '05 TB.

I'm checking it out and it looks like I have to either chop up the front Endura-Rubber bumper or remove it entirely to get the tubular unit on.

This bumper is kinda heavy - I suspect the tubing is double-heavy and I'm fine with that. It has a 7/16" thick plain aluminum panel that runs down toward the ground and I think it can help protect that 'way too low oil drain plug.

I'm also converting some 1/2" aluminum into a drain plug shield. I have the OE plastic pieces, so making this outta aluminum is easy with a pattern.

Who let this stupid drain plug get to be that low to the ground?

There must've been a Ford engineer in the fuel supply.

Back to the point - has anyone installed one of these "Pre-runner" type bumpers on their TBs?

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
151 Posts
Don't have your answer, but I'm missing my I6 cover. Willing to sell yours?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what the l6 cover is..........

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes... I have one but I need to make a template from it to cover the plug with aluminum.....

If you can wait a short while.... let me know what your schedule is... mine is dr dictated by the temps and if I want to fire up my garage wood furnace.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
151 Posts
That is why I need one as well - to make a template for an aluminum one, probably 2024 aircraft aluminum.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I get it cut on a water table, I can keep the digital info if you think you can use it.... let me know.... I've got a shop that has done some cutting for me before....

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like your thinking......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts