Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now im making a list on what i would need/like for my project that im gonna start in a few years after i make some more money.

heres what i have so far

comments, concerns, better prices, other items needed

Safari rack (1)------------------------------------301.95
WAAG Grille Guard (1)-----------------------------512.00
Hella Rallye 4000 lamp (2)-------------------------233.90
BDS Body Lift (1)---------------------------------407.82
Bilstein Front Shocks (2)--------------------------120.54
Z71 Tahoe Rear shocks (2)------------------------200.00
BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain Tires (5)------------------610.00
Spare Tire Carrier (1)-----------------------------320.00
WAAG Rear Bumper Guard (1)---------------------319.00

TOTAL-------------------------------------------3025.21

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
269 Posts
right now im making a list on what i would need/like for my project
BDS Body Lift (1)---------------------------------407.82
Bilstein Front Shocks (2)--------------------------120.54
Z71 Tahoe Rear shocks (2)---------------------
you will have an ungodly amount of rake if you don't put in a front spacer lift of some sort. the vehicle already has a good amount of rake stock, and you are lifting the rear an additional 1.5"in with the Z71 set up. I'd get a front spacer if I were you. :m2:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,629 Posts
It doesn't sound like he's too worried about underbody clearance. A body lift and no wheel spacers can only amount to a total of .5" of extra frame clearance.

Also, he didn't list z71 springs, just shocks. Plus, if he did do /s/h/o/c/k/s/ springs, it wouldn't look any different than mine with the body lift... the springs will sag a big, especially when you load it down as I do for trips.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It doesn't sound like he's too worried about underbody clearance. A body lift and no wheel spacers can only amount to a total of .5" of extra frame clearance.

Also, he didn't list z71 springs, just shocks. Plus, if he did only do shocks, it wouldn't look any different than mine with the body lift... the springs will sag a big, especially when you load it down as I do for trips.
touché. i figured if he's doing bilsteins up front then he would or should do all four. I installed the rear Z71 shocks before the springs and didn't notice much change at all. not nearly as stiff as the bilsteins. (And I don't think he is doing it for articulation reasons...)

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Whoah, I actually butchered what I meant to say about the rear springs.

BDS body + Z71 springs = similar look to BDS suspension + Z71 springs... it's not a bad rake, and it's good if you plan to carry around a decent amount of supplies.

(it's so darn easy to accidentally swap 'shock' for 'spring')

·
Registered
728 Posts
what size tires are you getting and where?? id love to spend $600 on MT tires...

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Static, I'm flattered that you are interested in cloning my truck.

If you are serious about off roading, I'd recommend getting a suspension lift instead of the body lift (or both if you have the funds). A body lift does not lift your frame any further off the ground, so you retain your stock frame clearance. A body lift lifts your body relative to your frame. So it looks like a lift, but doesn't perform like one. In my eyes, a waste of money.

If you want to fit tires larger than 30.5"... you have to go with wheel spacers or hunt down a decent aftermarket wheel.

In fact... I'm going to stop here, and insist that you read through those sections of my site: www.offroadtb.com/modifications/

Oh... and don't forget to budget for extraction equipment first: www.offroadtb.com/equipment/ :yes:

Gota pay to play. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,050 Posts
If you don't need a front lift as strong as the BDS unit then MarkMC is your man, and he builds a quality product. If you are wanting sommething along the lines of BDS, Rough Country makes a similar design at a lower cost. Either way you are saving money for additional upgrades.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.