Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to go on a road trip and put about 2000 miles on my 05 TB. I just had it in for a service and check 500 or so miles ago. My question is there anything else i might want to consider doing before or even during my trip. Plan on using the cruise control alot. Any tips appreciated.

Thanks!

....edit #1 .. I just have over 48,000 miles on it as well.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
349 Posts
Check your spare, bring extra windshield washer fluid, bring and extra quart of oil or two *just in case*, make sure you have all your tire changing equipment, jumper cables, bring a gallon or two of water just to have, ummm, I know theres something I am forgeting.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Check your spare, bring extra windshield washer fluid, bring and extra quart of oil or two *just in case*, make sure you have all your tire changing equipment, jumper cables, bring a gallon or two of water just to have, ummm, I know theres something I am forgeting.
Gallon of antifreeze. Also, if you have 3.42 gears, you might want to watch the cruise control on very hilly areas. Most importantly enjoy the trip!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
349 Posts
Yeah, AF :) And get a tire patch kit/plug kit and a can of fix of flat. I know you have a spare, but what if. Its just peace of mind :D

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
786 Posts
Make sure the spare wheel winch is WORKING and you can get the tire off, make sure it has enough air too. A spare serpentire belt and breaker bar to change it or put a new one before you leave ($30.00)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
138 Posts
Check the map for areas with potential spots to run out of gas, like long stretches of uncivilized land, don't know where you're headed though, so you may not need to worry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.