Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:xHeres the deal. I have an 04 LT Trailblazer thats fully loaded. my issue is the driverseat. Its leather and power. What it does is when I put my key in the ignition, it automaticily goes to the Driver 1 setting. Most of the times it will move, and then just stop. Then you can hear the relay just "clicking" underneath the dash by the foot pedals. To correct this problem, i usually just pull on the wiring harness underneath the seat, and it resumes its job just fine. Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on here? If no ideas, im just going to turn the fuction off, and just keep it where it is and it wont have to move any more. Thanks for the help!!!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
There's a smart module in the driver's door that handles the driver 1/2 buttons, and a memory module under the seat that watches for a data bus message from the door module, and then moves the motors and monitors the seat position with feedback sensors.

If wiggling a harness cures it intermittently, then you may not have a bad module, but just flaky wiring. A dealer's tech tool or a high end scan tool (beyone the ones they sell to consumers) can talk directly to either of those two modules and see what's up. But you can also get a six-pack, take half a day removing the seat, fiddle with the wires until the beer runs out, then call it a day and hope for the best.

You could pull the power seat circuit breaker, but then the manual control would go away as well as the memory feature.

Say, wait a minute. There is no power seat relay under the dash. Only one for the adjustable pedal option. Do you have that option? The seat may stop moving if the pedals are jammed and fail their position diagnostic. If you have that option, just pull the EAP relay #49 under the hood and see if that helps.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have the adjustable pedals, but I never move those. They always stay in one spot (unless the girl drives) then they go to mem 2 settings. Its not always a constant problem. It really just does it when it wants too. So you when i pull this #49 relay, what am I looking for? and is it under the back seat or in the engine bay?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts