Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna hook up my system in a couple of days. Where did everyone run there power wire? I noticed there is a positive wire that runs through the firewall that goes to the rear seat fuse box but not sure if ill be able to get through it. Pictures would be great!!! Thanks!!!

-Eric
05 TB LT

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Gonna hook up my system in a couple of days. Where did everyone run there power wire? I noticed there is a positive wire that runs through the firewall that goes to the rear seat fuse box but not sure if ill be able to get through it. Pictures would be great!!! Thanks!!!

-Eric
05 TB LT
Dash Side:

[/IMG]

Engine Side:

[/IMG]

I used a f/w bushing. Im running 1/0 down the drivers side, you cant tell its there. There are other ways to do it, this is just what works best for me.

Dont forget the pics/ vids when you're done!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
that is what i did and the only thing i would recommend to do!!!! no matter what size wire you run. if you use a compression connector you will no chance of any water getting inside. if you just run it thru the factory wiring harness it will not be water tight. but to each is own and it you truck but for the extra 10 min of work and $10 do it right the first time

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
that is what i did and the only thing i would recommend to do!!!! no matter what size wire you run. if you use a compression connector you will no chance of any water getting inside. if you just run it thru the factory wiring harness it will not be water tight. but to each is own and it you truck but for the extra 10 min of work and $10 do it right the first time
Where do you get a f/w bushing like that? Would that work for multiple wires as well, or only be water tight with one wire running through it?

I am looking to go through the firewall as well, but want to do it right :thumbsup:

Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
20 Posts
Dash Side:

Engine Side:

I used a f/w bushing. Im running 1/0 down the drivers side, you cant tell its there. There are other ways to do it, this is just what works best for me.

Dont forget the pics/ vids when you're done!

I'm assuming you had to drill the hole for that "f/w bushing". Is that a correct assumption?

Where do you get a f/w bushing like that? Would that work for multiple wires as well, or only be water tight with one wire running through it?

I am looking to go through the firewall as well, but want to do it right :thumbsup:

Thanks!
Request x 2 ... do you have a vendor and/or a part number?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
I'm assuming you had to drill the hole for that "f/w bushing". Is that a correct assumption?
yes

Request x 2 ... do you have a vendor and/or a part number?
check ebay out for Stinger firewall grommet. I get my Stinger stuff from seller "bag-boy" Awesome price, shipping and customer service.

HERE

I used Stinger 0 gauge through one and ran it down the driver side under the trim. It was a tight fit but I got it. I also went throught the floor and up the inside of the rear fender flare.

and pictures...
There's a little rubber door right above the factory firewall grommet

I removed it and some of the foam insulation and drilled the hole with a holesaw

Here's were mine landed and I couldn't be happier. It's high up enough to be able to easily bend it to where I need it.

Here's where I ran the 0 gauge

and here's wher it went up into. It lands right behind the storage door on driver side rear wall.

I'm eventually gonna add a fused distribution block in that compartment so it worked out great

·
Registered
709 Posts
I just shoved my 8awg through the factory spot with some wire lube ... but its just 8 ;)

but i wanted to post just so I could recommend bag-boy too! you can see more of his stuff at darvex.com :thumbsup:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Speaking of power wire... How did you connect your power wire to your battery? Also Thos of you with the Big 3 done How did you get all that 0awg connected to the terminals. I see Bag Boy has lots of Terminals but i don't know which style i want. sorry if this is :eek:fftopic: im really not sure. if it is i can start a new thread.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,355 Posts
The best and safest way to run power is through the firewall, especially if you're installing a large gauge or something that will draw lots of amps. I wouldn't hook something that large to the rear power center. Remember to protect your circuit (fuse, circuit breaker) near the battery.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
LMMJ does your power wire acctually go outside of the car? or is that still inside. and i define outside as, could it get wet in rain? could you touch it without entering the car?
It's only "outside" in the engine compartment. I have it ran right behind the fender flare but still in the truck. In that pic I posted, to the left is the fender flare/door and to the right is the panel that the interior trim mounts to. I went this way cause I couldn't get the wire ran by the back seat without bulging the carpet.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts

Thanks!
some audio stores have them. if you had a marine/boat store they will definitly have them and mush cheaper too. you can get them for any size you want

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
some audio stores have them. if you had a marine/boat store they will definitly have them and mush cheaper too. you can get them for any size you want
Thanks!

BushingLink

This is the one I used.
Thanks for the link. I looked around, and ended up getting the Stinger brand from Bag-boy on E-bay (that and alot of other stuff too :laugh:)

I ordered what I wanted, had an invouce to my e-mail within 10 minutes, paid it through pay-pal, and within 30 minutes had a freaking tracking # for my package!!! Now THAT is service!!! :yes::hail:

Chris

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.