Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
50 Posts
Okay, did the Big 3, and the Plus 2, not sure (can't remember) if all of it included the negative battery to alternator frame, but I did that too.
Headlights and dash still dim a bit when rolling windows up/down with no pressure on the pedal. Will chalk that up to needing a better stronger alternator?

Took a trip this past weekend with the family, and when we clicked on an overhead dome light, we noticed that it was pulsating! I checked all individually and each one does it. I did not try turning them all on together.
Could they be doing this cause they are getting a better routing of power because of the added ground/power cables?

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Okay, did the Big 3, and the Plus 2, not sure (can't remember) if all of it included the negative battery to alternator frame, but I did that too.
Headlights and dash still dim a bit when rolling windows up/down with no pressure on the pedal. Will chalk that up to needing a better stronger alternator?

Took a trip this past weekend with the family, and when we clicked on an overhead dome light, we noticed that it was pulsating! I checked all individually and each one does it. I did not try turning them all on together.
Could they be doing this cause they are getting a better routing of power because of the added ground/power cables?
Were the dome lights flickering before your upgrade? I would assume that you've got a loose ground inside the truck causing that. So your headlights and dash still dim, is it less than before though? Or about the same? :undecided Any chance you've got a voltmeter to see what your alternator is putting out at idle, and under a load?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Were the dome lights flickering before your upgrade? I would assume that you've got a loose ground inside the truck causing that. So your headlights and dash still dim, is it less than before though? Or about the same? :undecided Any chance you've got a voltmeter to see what your alternator is putting out at idle, and under a load?
Not really a flicker, more of a pulse. And I'm not sure they did it before the wire upgrade or not.

I think the dimming of the headlights and dash lights are about the same as before the wire upgrade.

Yes on the voltmeter:
No Load (tried to turn off all that I could that would cause a load): 14.25-14.30 volts
Load (all that I could turn on, minus rolling windows up or down): 14.05-14.10v
Truck Off (after previous were done, maybe 10 minutes of truck running):12.50v

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
7 Posts
Not really a flicker, more of a pulse. And I'm not sure they did it before the wire upgrade or not.

I think the dimming of the headlights and dash lights are about the same as before the wire upgrade.

Yes on the voltmeter:
No Load (tried to turn off all that I could that would cause a load): 14.25-14.30 volts
Load (all that I could turn on, minus rolling windows up or down): 14.05-14.10v
Truck Off (after previous were done, maybe 10 minutes of truck running):12.50v
any news on the pulsing lights. mine do it also. I've been thinking of doing the BIG 3 to fix my diming lights but it didnt seem like it helped you. I've tried cleaning my throttle body to stop my lights from diming when I let off the gas and that didnt help at all. I've also replaced my alt and battery and they still dim when I let go of the gas. I just noticed lastnight that my interior lights pulse like you say so all this is driving me nuts. let me know if you found a solution please.

·
Registered
50 Posts
its only noticeable at night really. I actually think my headlights and dash/radio lights pulse just slightly also! from just the little I peruse the site here, it seems like an upgraded alternator is the way to go?

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Help Big 3!!

The lights will still dim if your pulling enough current....at full tilt Im over 14v and STILL dimming:D

Alt to batt - 24" w/o in line fuse
batt to engine block (alt bracket) - 20"
batt to frame (strut area) - 20"
I have an 02 Trailblazer and I am dimming! I wanna go ahead and do the Big 3 to my car! I was wondering if you could post or email me, or some pics on how where you running your Grounds to!! To which locations?? It would really help out! Everyone says what to do! but never really show the set up properly!! Thank You MayLT!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
26 Posts
My 07 Trailblazer BIG 3

Hey guys i did the BIG 3 on my 2007 Chevy Trailblazer LS a couple of weeks ago it took a while but i think it turned out great here is a pic it wont add the others

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
I'm a noob. . . and really confused

Hey guys,

So, I really don't have a clue when it comes to auto electronics :hopeless SO I have a few questions.

I'll start by describing the system that I am about to install. I am about to install 2 12inch Kenwood KFC-w3013ps which will be powered by a SSL AE130d 3000w amp.
I have installed an aftermarket head unit, HOWEVER everything else about my TB SL is stock.

I guess my question is this: What do I need to get this system to run smoothly? I don't need anything fancy; I just don't want to damage my TB in any way.

It looks like I should invest in some 4 gauge wiring; but other than that, I'm a bit lost :confused:

Sorry, I am very new to all of this

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1 Posts
having issues with radio clock and trailer lights after jump start gone wrong

after i jump started someone and he connected the jumper cables in a wrong way, I started having issues with the radio clock always re setting to 12 every time I start the truck and today I realize my trailer lights ONLY work when the truck is off.Can you please help me?

·
Registered
2002 chevy envoy_sle
7 Posts
Always use a heavy ground cable and connect one end to the negative battery terminal, and the other end to the starter motor or engine block as close to the starter as possible. This will insure the correct ground path to the starter motor

121 - 135 of 135 Posts