Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:The front passenger window on my 2004 Trailblazer goes up very slowly. It goes down quickly. I have been reading the posts on broken window regulators, but not sure if that is the problem since it does operate. Can't see any places where it is sticking. Get the same slowness when using either the driver side control or the passenger control. Also read some posts about the control modules that may fail. How to trouble shoot those? I checked voltage at the terminals on the back of the passenger switch module by fol lowing wires from the motor and got low voltage (~10 v) when the window is going up, 11.5 when going down . Anyone have any ideas?

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Your not alone in this category.. a lot of us have the slow window curse..and part of it is due to the poor charging system of the TB.. kinda like the lights dimming issues for the people that have the stereo systems..it could very well be the regulator..when mine went on my SS they made a grinding noise..

Unless your experiencing a dfferent cause. Usually one thing that helps the charging system is something called the Big 3 upgrade... you add extra thicker cables to the already exsisting cables on your charging system.. the thicker your cables are, the more current can pass through them, therefore helping the dimming issues and slow windows... so research the big 3 upgrade on here and see what you make of it..

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help

Thanks for some idea on direction to go. The power issue seems the most likely. I will do some research on the Big 3!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Me too!

The driver side window on my '08 Trailblazer does the same annoying thing. The passenger side did it first, then one day it made a crunching sound and was stuck halfway down. It was deep winter here in western New York, so you can imagine how hard it was to keep warm while driving. Now I'm afraid the driver side will do the same thing, and I can almost guarantee it will happen again when it's cold. Maybe there's some connection between cold temps and the slow window. I dunno. I hope you get it figured out.
Cyndi

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your not alone in this category.. a lot of us have the slow window curse..and part of it is due to the poor charging system of the TB.. kinda like the lights dimming issues for the people that have the stereo systems..it could very well be the regulator..when mine went on my SS they made a grinding noise..

Unless your experiencing a dfferent cause. Usually one thing that helps the charging system is something called the Big 3 upgrade... you add extra thicker cables to the already exsisting cables on your charging system.. the thicker your cables are, the more current can pass through them, therefore helping the dimming issues and slow windows... so research the big 3 upgrade on here and see what you make of it..
Could this charging issue also cause both front seat warmers and the drivers side electric seat controls to stop working on and off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts