its the four door version
its completely stock
what do yall think my chances are
all i have is a PCMforless tune

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
i took my buddy at a light to 60... we were dead even until 50 then i broke away.

his ride
2006 f-250 extcab
6.0 pstroke
4x4

me
stock with exhuast and intake
3.42 gears(the slow ones)
4x4

so i think you'd have him

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet deal:thumbsup:
we are racing at the drag strip sunday
so ill be sure to video it
and post it

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
Diesels are no joke, theres a local guy near me that has a white F250 Powerstroke that runs 12's in the quarter and sounds like an airplane

I know atleast in the GM Family the 2500HD 6.6L Duramax is the fastest pickup in the lineup, itll smoke a 5.3 1500 or a 6.0 gas 2500HD

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
6 litre goes pretty good. well better than the 7.3 anyway but they dont last long. i say hes gonna beat you but you should hang in pretty tough though. i dont think you will get beat bad. if it was a duramax, then id say dont waste your gas!!! he'll kill ya

·
Registered
388 Posts
I know that with the new duramax 6.6s they make 360hp stock and that's at 3200 rpm, even the big 6 liter gas motor only does 350hp @ like 5800 rpm so not only does it have more hp then its gas counterpart it also has it available at a way lower rpm

Then with torque its not even competition as the duramax has 600+ pounds of torque from the factory

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,191 Posts
Diesels are no joke, theres a local guy near me that has a white F250 Powerstroke that runs 12's in the quarter and sounds like an airplane

I know atleast in the GM Family the 2500HD 6.6L Duramax is the fastest pickup in the lineup, itll smoke a 5.3 1500 or a 6.0 gas 2500HD
yea. found that out today !!
My buddy brought his dads truck(2500HD 6.6L Duramax) to school and after school we did a lil Drag.
It wasn't WAYY faster, pretty Even until i shifted into 2nd then he got the lead.

Not Bad, Not Bad..... !

·
Registered
388 Posts
If it was from a dig it was probobly because he was spinning. I know the new body style ones I think 07+ got a bump in power with a more aggressive PCM tune from the factory

The ones at my friends GMC dealership will spin through 1st, 2nd and 3rd if you gun it from a stop it'll spin thru the first 3 and it'll break em loose from a roll anything under 30ish

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
its got power, but it won't spin that easy from the factory...i mean with a tunr, ehuast, intake and upgraded turbo hell yeah!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ive always had a fascination with diesel trucks, I would of considered a diesel instead of my trailblazer BUT theres no way in hell i could afford 100 dollers a week in gas to fill up a 30 gallon tank every week

sure seems to get up there a hell of a lot faster then my trailblazer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auxifKgwmlA

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well shoot
i wish i could say we went and raced
but my buddy punked out at the last second
im trying to get him out there
but he keeps getting out of it somehow
as soon as he grows some ill let yall know how it goes
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Powerstroke killer

i am a ford diesel tech at a dealer. i believe the last production 7.3l had
250 hp and the 6.0l has 325 hp. you should stomp a stock powerstroke easily. however, if he adds a tune look out. a guy i work with's son has a 2004 6.0l 4 door 4 wheel drive f-250 with over sized tires who eats mustangs in the 1/4! its a shame how unreliable the "sick leakers" are. no complaints though, they have kept me busy for the last 6 years!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
624 Posts
Just a little bit about the duramax........

My parents have a 06 silverado 2500HD with the duramax and my dad wanted to have some fun. Needless to say it has balls! It hauled ass and was leaving a trail of beautiful black smoke behind. These trucks are simply awesome.

As for ford we had a 1996 f250 with the 7.3L turbo powerstroke. This truck always seemed gutless no matter what we did. When we had this truck (since new) it always seemed like it needed a power boost or something. Once on the highway it was great, but accelerating was very slow. Unfortunately we lost it to a fire that was caused by something under the hood. We were in the house and before we knew it the entire truck was full of flames. Apparently this was a common issues with these trucks. It only had 83k :hopeless We replaced this with the duramax. No more fords in the driveway after this:nono:

·
Registered
2004 trailblazer_lt
5,240 Posts
i am a ford diesel tech at a dealer. i believe the last production 7.3l had
250 hp and the 6.0l has 325 hp. you should stomp a stock powerstroke easily. however, if he adds a tune look out. a guy i work with's son has a 2004 6.0l 4 door 4 wheel drive f-250 with over sized tires who eats mustangs in the 1/4! its a shame how unreliable the "sick leakers" are. no complaints though, they have kept me busy for the last 6 years!
My 7.3 is a dog even with the 70 horse chip (F350 with 4.11's) but my dad's 6.0 F250 with 3.73's was awesome! You would have to experience getting sideways from a standing start....in a longbed crewcab! It would definantly take our Trailblazer.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
My son has a 250 w/7.3. Bully Dog 3 stage, 3" exhaust, on 35s. My TB won't touch it after stage 2 of the tune. I've watched him dust ustang GTs on tune 3.

Stock, it is pretty much neck and neck.

On the stage 3, he can pull out with an 8000# trailer and keep up with traffic...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts