Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Trailblazer makes a whining noise. I decided to check the power steering fluid and it's still on full from last August. Isn't the vehicle supposed to use it???
:duh:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
My 2006 Trailblazer makes a whining noise. I decided to check the power steering fluid and it's still on full from last August. Isn't the vehicle supposed to use it???
:duh:
NO .... if the system is leak free, the level will NOT go down.

Regarding the noise, you need to explain more .... when, where, how, under what conditions.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a whining noise right when I start my vehicle. When I give it gas it goes higher. It whines the whole time its running. When I start it this morning I'm going to see where it's coming from. I'm thinking maybe it's the pulley where the drive belt is?
Do you have any other ideas?
Thank you so so much for replying!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
20 Posts
My 02 TB does the exact same thing, sounds like a turbo. I believe it is just the power steering pump whining. Mine still works just fine but it wines to no end. Might end up replacing it just to make it quiet.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
It is a whining noise right when I start my vehicle. When I give it gas it goes higher. It whines the whole time its running. When I start it this morning I'm going to see where it's coming from. I'm thinking maybe it's the pulley where the drive belt is?
Do you have any other ideas?
Thank you so so much for replying!
There is an "idler pulley" and a "belt tensioner" that go bad and can make all kinds of noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts