Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple threads on how to do a power steering flush, and different methods on doing them. So i decided to do one myself this morning. When i woke up, i went to dominicks and autozone to grab an extra turkey baster and some power steering fluid.

I used the turkey baster to suck some of the old fluid out and put new fluid in its place. The old fluid smelled horribly and looked really bad compared to the new fluid. The new one was clean and clear, old was as dark as used oil.

Here are some pics:

old fluid:

new stuff i used:

I used the "all mileage" prestone stuff. I'm going to be doing the same thing next week once the new/old fluid mixes in, and hopefully it'll be cleaner than it was before.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
I'm guessing that this was the first time you've "flushed' the PS system....how many miles on the Bravada? I've got 154K+ on my TB.....

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has 131k miles on it, but i've only owned it for a year. i'm guessing it hasn't been done before. i just took it out to move it out of the way so my mom could get out, and its a lot smoother....the only thing i advise is keep checking it constantly to make sure you're know running low or completely out...if you run dry, the pump will fry and BAM..no power steering!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,267 Posts
when i replaced mine... it was also dark,,, i did mine way earlier.. and have since then done it another 2 times..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts