Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just got my Trailblazer over the weekend and already I am having issues with it, most of it rust related. One of the problems is the power steering cooler is rusted to hell. Now it is not leaking, but I would not want to go on a long range trip with a cooler in that condition. I realize that I can get a cooler for under $100 on RockAuto and it looks like two bolts and two hoses, but how easy are they to swap out? Is it an easy DIY job? How do I get the bumper off? Thanks

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1 Posts
:how to remove radaitor air intake baffle 03 trailblazer 4.2 to remove power steering cooler:crazy:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
20 Posts
I found a video on U-tube that showed me how to do it without removing anything and attaching the new cooler to the old one. Took about an hour. The kit came from Advanced Auto Parts for around $50. I used a sawzall to cut the steel lines so you can install the rubber hoses and attach the new to the old with the plastic clips provided. Once you cut the lines you need to carefully bend them outward a bit to get the hoses on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts