Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
envoy_slt
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my 04 Envoy IL-6 is misbehaving.. When I get on the gas, it seems to hesitate a bit, then as I press harded, it takes off somewhat but then up around 6k rpm, it hesitates again and then shifts hard into the next gear.. It almost feels like it's starved for fuel? Like it's fighting itself? Checked all fluids and they're ok. No check engine light. Airbox is clear. K&N Filter is good. In general, it just doesnt seem to have the balls it had when I got it a few years back at 85k miles.. around 110k now

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
13 Posts
I've dropped it off to a muffler guy. Talked to someone am pretty sure we have a plugged catalytic converter. Makes sense since the exhaust has had a weird smell from day one and also shares all the characteristics of his envoy. Well see if we r wrong

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Is he going to put a "cheater" pipe on it to bypass the converter? If so that'll do a good job of telling if it's the converter without paying mega bux to install a new one.
Wonder how it got clogged, most of the cars now will go much farther than 100k on a converter.
Ron

·
Registered
envoy_slt
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$200 installed isn't bad, IMO. If the previous owner ever used dry gas or certain other additives, or if the o2 is bad, that'll mess it up for sure. Had a driver in my company use dry gas a few tanks in a row in the winter. Fried the cat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.