Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for help. i have a 2006 TB LS it has a power driver seat ( lumbar + forward back of the butt part and can adjust its angle. but manual backrest adjust) passenger if full manual adjust. i picked up a full seat of leather seats that came from an unknown year bravada. they are identical seats and bolt pattern is the same. have the back seats in and while installing the driver i was not able to get it to power. the bravada seats have the same larger black and orange wire that i matched up with the TB black and orange and nothing. tried doing the junkyard drill battery "hot wire" nothing. i am not able to find much more information on this topic. my main desire is to have same functions on the leather seats. gaining the full electric adjust and passenger electric adjust + both heated would be amazing. any help or guidance would be much appreciated. unable to find wire harness diagram for the 06 TB truck side driver seat harness.

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
5 Posts
looking for help. i have a 2006 TB LS it has a power driver seat ( lumbar + forward back of the butt part and can adjust its angle. but manual backrest adjust) passenger if full manual adjust. i picked up a full seat of leather seats that came from an unknown year bravada. they are identical seats and bolt pattern is the same. have the back seats in and while installing the driver i was not able to get it to power. the bravada seats have the same larger black and orange wire that i matched up with the TB black and orange and nothing. tried doing the junkyard drill battery "hot wire" nothing. i am not able to find much more information on this topic. my main desire is to have same functions on the leather seats. gaining the full electric adjust and passenger electric adjust + both heated would be amazing. any help or guidance would be much appreciated. unable to find wire harness diagram for the 06 TB truck side driver seat harness.
I have the same exact situation- cloth power (driver only) seat to the power leather seat conversion. When comparing the two drivers seats undersides side-by-side, the connector bodies are the same however, there are more pins in the power seat connector than there are in the manual seat - makes sense. When I install it tomorrow, I believe the driver side leather seat should have the same "basic" functionality (back & forth & lumbar) as the cloth seats did, but not the additional (heat) features.
The cloth passenger seat is manual, again connector is same way less pins. Soooo.... since there is no real wiring provided on the passenger side, I was considering swapping the base plates hoping to get the seat to move back and forth manually at the very least.
Otherwise I may have to go back to the yard on Monday and pick out some other seats. I'm kinda doubting there are any manual leather seat options..
Stay tune...

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
5 Posts
After swapping the cloth seats for leather, the leather driver side seat now operates just as the cloth seat to my surprise.
However, the manual cloth passenger seat w/o any real wiring (3-pins in the big connector) once connected to power leather seat, only the lumbar support worked - no movement up/down or forward/backward. Hopefully I can change the pins in the connector around so I can have at least forward/backward movement.
Oh, I did have to switch out the air bag connectors to get the air bag dash light to go off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After swapping the cloth seats for leather, the leather driver side seat now operates just as the cloth seat to my surprise.
However, the manual cloth passenger seat w/o any real wiring (3-pins in the big connector) once connected to power leather seat, only the lumbar support worked - no movement up/down or forward/backward. Hopefully I can change the pins in the connector around so I can have at least forward/backward movement.
Oh, I did have to switch out the air bag connectors to get the air bag dash light to go off.
was the airbag connector a plug and play situation? both the wiring from my rig and the leather seats i have purchased have the smaller yellow connector with 2 thin wires. i had got the passenger seat installed and all electric functions worked fine ( just removed the power, ground + small orange spliced into power from vehicle side and put them into the seat) and driver side the same. however on driver side when you hold the switch to move seat forward the seat only moves like 1/2 inch press again same thing??? however the main problem was the airbag light had come on and it no longer had power to the rearview mirror where it says "passanger airbag on/off". how were you able to get the airbag light situation figured out? i appreciate any help

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
5 Posts
was the airbag connector a plug and play situation? both the wiring from my rig and the leather seats i have purchased have the smaller yellow connector with 2 thin wires. i had got the passenger seat installed and all electric functions worked fine ( just removed the power, ground + small orange spliced into power from vehicle side and put them into the seat) and driver side the same. however on driver side when you hold the switch to move seat forward the seat only moves like 1/2 inch press again same thing??? however the main problem was the airbag light had come on and it no longer had power to the rearview mirror where it says "passanger airbag on/off". how were you able to get the airbag light situation figured out? i appreciate any help
No, you need to switch the airbag connectors from your old seats to the new leather ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts