Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my wife's commuter '02 Trlblzr LTZ today for a bit and noted absolutely no movement in the driver's side power seat (forward, backward, up or down, lumbar, all gone) and I also noted that the seats heating indicators would not come on and the seat did not heat up. Passenger side worked fine and I saw that there was only "one" fuse (under back seat, drv side - 30 amp) so I figured it wasn't a fuse issue.

Under the seats to the untrained eye (that is me) there are a lot of wires, conduits and cables, little motors, etc... but the front most connector under the driver seat is directly (in my car) in the middle of the front seat and very forward. It looked to be tightly connected but, as it was near and fairly easy to access, I disconnected it and reconnected it and tried the driver seat controls. They worked, backwards, forwards, etc... AND the heating indicators came on and the seat began to warm (not wanting that today!). I took a medium sized plastic tie and wrapped it 'in line' to keep the connector tight and I'm hoping that solves the problem. A side note, the 'two beep' settings tone for the key (driver 2) would not work when this connection was loose and, of course, the seat did not respond to memory. Those work now. Just an FYI if anyone experiences this kind of problem. Take care.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
6 Posts
Same issue I am dealing with and I have figured out that a black wire going into the connector under the driver seat is not seated properly in the connector. In looking at it I believe I should prob just replace the whole connector, but I have not done that before.. I know its a matter of just taking it apart, but how do i do that? Does anyone know the part number for it? I looke like I would pull a blue piece of plastic out and the wire would come out.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts