Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I have power/turn signals. I do not know if they are heated as well. How would I be able to tell if they are heated and the emblem isn't located on the mirror. Also I wanted to know what would I need to do if I wanted power folding options? Do I need to replace the mirrors themselves or do I just buy the plug for it. Reason I ask is because I saw on e-bay a plug for the power folding option and it stated something about having a heated mirror sign on the mirror.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Just turn on the rear defogger, and wait a while. If they're heated, they'll heat up.

As far as I know, the power folding option was only for the Japanese version - where it may be mandatory. Can you give me a link to the Ebay auction? In the factory shop manual, the folding option includes motors in the mirrors, plus the control switch. It would never be as simple as just plugging in the switch to a US model.

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
i thought i read that somewhere as far as the e-bay link i just punched in 2003 trailblazer power folding mirrors and scrolled down and saw the plug. I dont know much about computers but i copied the link and pasted it. This should be it

http://cgi.ebay.com/02-03-TRAILBLAZ...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50
The Ebay link is for the switch only.......not the mirrors.....our stock mirrors, do not have the capability to be folded automatically, unless you hit the side of your garage frame with them while pulling in.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
And I've been looking unsuccessfully for YEARS to find the GM part number for the folding ones. US parts sites just don't seem to carry it. It would be a rarer option than the clear turn signal lenses or North Face marker lights.

Sigh ... I forgot an old thread I even posted in. We have the part numbers for the mirrors with power fold option. Ebay even has a few for $150 each. But the BCM probably doesn't support it without a dealer tweak.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
:eek:fftopic: but my left side mirror doesn't move:worried:

so could there be a fuse thats out?? if so were is it located??

any help or advise is apperciated

:thx

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Mirror power comes from the driver door module (DDM). If the DDM has power, then the power door locks will also be working. If your power locks work, then the problem is in the mirror or the wiring from the DDM to the control switch or the mirror. Do you have a meter and know how to use it?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
13 Posts
Similar Problem

I was just showing a co-worker my new 05 TB LT and noticed a nice crack in my passenger side mirror housing. It's a power mirror with the turnsignal. I'm looking up a replacement part on line.
So, to be clear, my mirror may or may not have the emblem for heat on it?
It may or may not be heated at all, but I will be able to feel it when I turn on the rear defrost? Can someone recommend a reputable place to order from?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Try Parts4Chevys. com or EBay. Where ever you get it from, plug it in and try it before Taking every thing apart and installing it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
E.bay the member is AM Autoparts highly recommended I just ordered both replacements and was very happy with shipping and the delivery. Less tahn a week after transaction.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
56 Posts
Ok so basically to sum up all of these posts:
I have heated mirrors, thanks to this post! I thought I didnt have heated mirrors!:woot:
If I got the power folding mirrors off of ebay, it would be a waste of money because it would cost alot to put in the wires, etc to make it fold.
Also, I have just the basic mirrors (without the turn signals). All I need to do is buy a light and cover and maybe do a little wiring for it to work. Correct?
I just wanna make sure I have all this correct before I go out and waste my money buying mirrors that I dont really need.:confused:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
Also, I have just the basic mirrors (without the turn signals). All I need to do is buy a light and cover and maybe do a little wiring for it to work. Correct?
Yes.

If you didn't see the writeup in the "Articles" section, take a look. It explains how to do the entire procedure.

If you were to buy new mirrors, You would be able to buy the mirrors with the signals already there, as it would be plug and play, and no splicing necessary.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Power Folding wiring, manual /auto switch

Ok, I bought 2 kool-vue power folding mirrors. Installed them, except for cutting out hole for door switch, everything was plug and play. Then the question of activating the power folding came up. since my TB doesn't have any switch to perform this. Looking through forum i see that I have to wire that. But everybody seems to know it needs to be manually wired, but no instructions on how to do it step by step.

Ok so I want to do a manual switch, what are the steps?

Your Help in this would be great.:confused: :thx

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
... no instructions on how to do it step by step....
Sorry. The couple of us who did it designed our own controls. If you can design suitable controls, it's really easy to compare the connectors for the power folders to the non-folders. There's only two additional wires in the connector, and you apply 12V and ground one way to the floating motor and it goes in. Apply the power and ground the other way and it goes out. I've got the shop manual with the schematic, and it's simply connector C3, pins A1 and B1. It makes it a rare mod that requires some design experience, instead of one you can just throw money at and buy a kit. Somebody should design and sell the kit, but I suspect the market is too small or else I'd be doing it myself.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@ Roadie I truelly appreciate all the help you have provided and continue to provide but I am a man of many talents and on this power folding Mod I must admit this is the one I CANNOT do. I am slighty electricaly inclined and this is the one mod I cannot get into. I can only say that I either need someone to do this for me or need a kit that I can just plug in. I give it to all you out there that did this mod and I wish I was able to figure it out.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Roadie on my behalf the reason I do the @ is because on other forums or posts other people comment so I just do that to make sure that the person I am address sees that I am acknowleding them. That is only speaking for myself but I can assume that may be why others may do the @ if you see it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.