Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a dedicated fuse for the power side mirrors on the 2003 Trailblazer? I can't find anything in the fuse panel for mirrors. Can't move them and the defrost doesn't seem to work either. Mainly I'm concerned about getting them to move. Everything else on the door panel works power windows and locks. I suspect it could be the switch as it's gotten wet a few times over the years. Why I can't find a fuse is a mystery to me.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,452 Posts
There are fuses and circuit breakers in the rear fuse box. Fuse #10 is for Driver's Control Panel and Fuse #12 id for the Passenger's Control Panel. Circuit Breakers 1 and 2 are for Passenger and Driver's Control Panels respectively.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well since the controls for the windows and locks work I think those fuses are good. Why in the world does GM do this? One more reason not to like GM. 4 years later I'm still trying to find out where to look to fix these mirrors. Both sides went at the same time so all I can think is the switch.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
510 Posts
You should really get an electrical schematic for the power windows and then remove the mirrors and verify that there is power to the mirror motors and heating element. Sometimes the mirrors bind and they simply need to be lubricated.

Just because the windows and locks work, doesn't mean that the mirrors are getting power. There could be a flaky mirror switch, a broken wire or a bad electrical connector involved that doesn't have anything to do with the power windows and door locks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts