Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my PCMforless back today. Went home to put it in at lunch. On the way back to work, I did some "testing". Wow, runs to 6 grand in a hurry and shifts nice too. I still cannot cut the wheels loose. Not that that is a big deal but, maybe I expected to much. I have a gutted air box with a k&n filter. Does anyone have a I6 that can break'em loose?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
It depends on what gears you have. I have the 3.42 and i can barely break them loose a red light. Around corners i have no problem breaking loose. But my tires in the rear don't have much tread left so thats always a factor. If you have fairly new tires it will make it much harder to break loose.

And another factor for me is that Erik (ScarabEpic22) tuned mine and that also seemed to help. I had the pcmforless tune and i could not get them loose, but as soon as Erik tuned it for me it was much easier.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm also at 4,000 feet elevation too. If that makes much difference.....?
I'm not sure what octane gas the little lady put in it last either. I had it set up for 89. So maybe next fill up will show some improvement when I know there is the correct octane in it.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
I see you are in Helena. I'm going to be over there in like two weeks. Maybe we could meet up and BS a little.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
With the I6 or even the 5.3L, there's a lot of weight to break the rear tires loose. I may have just about every mod to the I6 that can be done, short of forced air induction or nitrous (daily driver) and with the stock 17s, I can extract a decent little squeal from a stop if I hit the gas just right. If the wheels are turned at all or there's anything on the pavement, I can howl them like no tomorrow, but not going strait on clean dry pavement. (Exception is if I power-brake the tranny, I can light up a rear tire or stomping on it in reverse....reverse is shorter than 1st, if you haven't figured that out).

Now with my 20s on, that are 2x heavier than the stock 17s, not a chance at doing anything heading strait, unless there's debri or moisture on the ground. (Or the fronts are turned of course).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I figured that would be asking too much from the little fella. Oh well, it's the wifes anyway. I drive my 91 Camaro during the nicer months so breaking the back end loose is not exactly a difficult thing to do. It's in fact more difficult to not do it. I just like the feeling of POWER! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
Yeah i hear ya, it really makes you feel like your driving a slow POS when you stomp it from a dead stop and it dosnt even chirp and just goes, the car i had before i got my trailblazer was a Saab 9000, it had a 2.3L Turbo Motor with a 5 Speed manual and had a 3" Turboback Exhaust and Intake and in that thing 1st gear was absolutely useless i could light them up at any rpm in 1st dosnt matter what speed it was at and would break em loose powershifting to second

1 - 8 of 8 Posts