Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: 8/10/09 - Read on. I broke down and bought one for the right side only at this time.

Only a few export models received the power folding mirror option. Japanese and perhaps Finland (?). I forget the details, but I have discussed it before. The schematics have sort of explained how to add the special switch to control them, but the units themselves have always been unaffordable, like $400-500 each from GM.

Poking about on Ebay for something else, I see a vendor is selling aftermarket replacements that have heated mirror, turn signal lenses, power aiming, AND power folding! For only $150!

Ding-ding! This is RPO code DL2, which isn't even listed in the RPO code list for my year on trailvoy.

So if anybody wants to install the rarest mod in the USA, rarer even than North Face marker lights, buy a matching set of these aftermarket mirrors, add the control switch #15040504 ($32 from parts4chevys.com) and a couple of wires to the harness to the DDM and hope that the DDM doesn't require dealer reprogramming to support the DL2 option....... (reading some posts on full size truck forums, the DDM WILL need to be reprogrammed, and they found GM had locked out the capability on some models. sigh...)

If I was doing it, I might bypass the DDM/PDM altogether and just wire up some relays to run the folding motors.

Actually, the switch seems to come in 4 interior colors:

Camel 15040506
Medium Antelope 15040505
Medium Dark Pewter 15040504
Pewter 15040507

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
Wow... first the Z71 springs/shocks ebay find, now this? Very nice!!!!

I won't be doing this mod, but I'm sure there are some out there that will.

Now if you could only find aftermarket North Face lights.... :undecided

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
319 Posts
Wow, that's pretty sweet. Some questions on this install:

-Are the amber lens covers interchangeable with the newer smoked ones (I have smoked on my 06' Envoy)

-As for wiring, I would probably also just wire to relay or switch, but what about the connector, is it plug/play for power mirror & signal wiring? Do you have a link to the schematic you mentioned?

I've done a crap load of mods, but kinda stopped ever since I bought my new place about 1-1/2yrs ago, but this one seems like a good one to do to get back into the game again :D..... Any info or links for this mod would be GREAT!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
:undecided hmmmm very nice find :hail:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Pretty Cool. I'd love to do this, but first i need to go water my money tree, its not growing very well. By the way, any idea what happens if you aren't fast enough hitting the switch at the car wash and the guy grabs it and tries to fold it manually? Wonder how well they handle that. This would be a cool mod though

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
Pretty Cool. I'd love to do this, but first i need to go water my money tree, its not growing very well. By the way, any idea what happens if you aren't fast enough hitting the switch at the car wash and the guy grabs it and tries to fold it manually? Wonder how well they handle that. This would be a cool mod though
I hate carwashes!

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Nice find!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
68 Posts
if i had the spare cash i would definitely do this mod! I seen a new mercedes with power fold side mirrors at work the other day and it was TIGHT! it was setup to when they put the car in park the mirrors would fold in automatically and it was awesome! that's my $0.02

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,644 Posts
If I ever go to a car wash I go to touch-less only! & they never, ever get the back of my truck clean...gotta love white!
Touch-less car wash ftw:thumbsup:

Yea I guess having a White TrailVoy go through a carwash would not get all the crap out of the rear :hopeless

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
FYI.....

Did you know these power folding were cheaper on partstrain.com?

http://www2.partstrain.com/store/details/GMC/Envoy/Kool_Vue/Mirror/2002/SLT/6_Cyl_4-dot-2L/CV34EL.html
$97.63 + prolly $15 s/h cuz partstrain is s/h $$$ heavy.

They have 2 different brands I believe oth very cheap.

When I had to buy a replacement for mine I saw these and was wondering which model actually had the power folding.
Cool to know! I fixed this side mirror in may so they have been this cheap since then! Wish you figured out the mod before I bought them because i would have gotten a power folding one ;)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,749 Posts
Those would be sweet, not to fold in when you put in park, but when you arm the alarm:yes:, kinda pricey, but good if your already looking for replacements.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
FYI.....

Did you know these power folding were cheaper on partstrain.com?

http://www2.partstrain.com/store/details/GMC/Envoy/Kool_Vue/Mirror/2002/SLT/6_Cyl_4-dot-2L/CV34EL.html
$97.63 + prolly $15 s/h cuz partstrain is s/h $$$ heavy.

They have 2 different brands I believe oth very cheap.

When I had to buy a replacement for mine I saw these and was wondering which model actually had the power folding.
Cool to know! I fixed this side mirror in may so they have been this cheap since then! Wish you figured out the mod before I bought them because i would have gotten a power folding one ;)

Damm. Great find! :hail:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
7 Posts
All venezuelan (yes the left wing extremist down in south america) assembled trail blazer comes with fully automatic retractable folding mirrors, with amber or smoked lenses that are interchangeable. they cost really cheap down there.

·
Premium Member
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3,572 Posts
All venezuelan (yes the left wing extremist down in south america) assembled trail blazer comes with fully automatic retractable folding mirrors, with amber or smoked lenses that are interchangeable. they cost really cheap down there.
Cool, send me a pair!:bonk:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts