Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer LT SWB i6 Russian Assembled
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Trailblazer LT 2006-2009 LT trim 250k km
equipped with power adjustable brake and accelerator)
So basically I opened the motor has 2 torx screws.
And manually turned the cog to adjust pedals so brake pedal is on the position I want but now Accelerator pedal is stuck on up most position
some one please help me on how I can adjust that one too because driving it now is difficult.

Basically all I wanna know is where the cog for accelerator pedal is located I wanna put the pedal all the way back and that's it.
thanks.

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,001 Posts
Please post Year, Make, Model, Engine, Trim Package, and Mileage.

Is your TrailBlazer equipped with adjustable brake and adjustable accelerator pedals?

Which motor did you take apart? Why did you take it apart - was it not working?

Thanks and Good Luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please post Year, Make, Model, Engine, Trim Package, and Mileage.

Is your TrailBlazer equipped with adjustable brake and adjustable accelerator pedals?

Which motor did you take apart? Why did you take it apart - was it not working?

Thanks and Good Luck!
Just did my bad
I took apart one motor the brake pedal one and manually turned the cog to push the pedal back but now the accelerator pedal is stuck in the position it was on and I dont know how to push that one back manually

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Are you serious about it being Russian assembled?

Reactions: Ravalli Surfer

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
OK on the being assembled in Russia.

I take it that the motors that are used for the positioning of the brake and accelerator pedals will not function when you use the toggle switch that is located on the steering column?

I am hoping that the electrical diagrams for the Russian made TrailBlazers will be similar enough to the USA made TrailBlazers so we can assist you to the maximum.

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Vega, what does SKD stand for?

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Well, I did ask another question. Please read post #7 from Sept 21, and respond.

Also, exactly what year is the vehicle, which engine is in it and what is the trim level?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I did ask another question. Please read post #7 from Sept 21, and respond.

Also, exactly what year is the vehicle, which engine is in it and what is the trim level?

Thanks!
I did edit the original comment haha any ways
Its a 2006 LT 4.2 i6 2wd 5 seater it has adjustable pedals and I did manage to get the Brake pedal all the way back by opening the motor on top of the pedal and manually adjusting the white plastic gear but the Accelerator pedal is still on the original position

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
OK, now a few more questions for you, some new some being asked for a 2nd time in order to get information.

1) Are you saying that if you move the adjustment button on the side of the steering column nothing happens? Have you checked the wiring?

2) Would you like the electrical diagram for the adjustable pedals along with the diagnostic procedure for the adjustable pedals? I have them if you would like me to post them.

I do not know where the motor is for the adjustable accelerator pedal.

I did learn that the motor is part of the adjustable brake assembly and a standalone replacement motor has never been offered. One has to purchase the entire brake pedal assembly in order to get a new motor. I am unsure about the motor for the adjustable accelerator pedal, but I imagine one is not available.

Final question, why not just find the electrical fault, repair it and then you'll have adjustable pedals again?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, now a few more questions for you, some new some being asked for a 2nd time in order to get information.

1) Are you saying that if you move the adjustment button on the side of the steering column nothing happens? Have you checked the wiring?

2) Would you like the electrical diagram for the adjustable pedals along with the diagnostic procedure for the adjustable pedals? I have them if you would like me to post them.

I do not know where the motor is for the adjustable accelerator pedal.

I did learn that the motor is part of the adjustable brake assembly and a standalone replacement motor has never been offered. One has to purchase the entire brake pedal assembly in order to get a new motor. I am unsure about the motor for the adjustable accelerator pedal, but I imagine one is not available.

Final question, why not just find the electrical fault, repair it and then you'll have adjustable pedals again?
the worm gear the white gear that moves the pedals is broken its in the brake pedal assembly.
Motor is just fine I don't need adjustable pedals just need to adjust them at the rear most (away from driver) and leave them there.

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
OK, so control circuits are OK, motors are fine, gear on the brake pedal assembly is broken.

I am at a loss as I cannot find a diagram that shows the adjustable brake pedal and the gear of which you write.

Now, based on some other systems I have seen where something goes up and down thanks to a motor and some gearing, I would say look for an awl pin that moves into the gear on the brake pedal assembly in the space between gear teeth that prevents the pedal from dropping on it's own. When you find it, use a small screwdriver to retract it and then push the brake pedal down.

Maybe another forum member has direct experience with repairing the adjustable pedals and would chime in.

Good Luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts