Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
other
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to keep having bad luck with the family suvs. I had an '02 Grand Cherokee that just kept nickle & diming me every couple months which wasn't that big of a deal just annoying, but then at 279,000 the head gasket started going on it. I then found a great deal on an '07 Explorer which was great the first few years, however after hitting 200,000 this past year its been a streak of bad luck the main of which was blowing the trans which I got rebuilt at a local shop and now 10 months later the trans blew again & the shop that rebuilt it went under due to the covid so needless to say I got screwed out of my warranty.

I am looking at the likelihood of replacing my Ford Explorer and keep coming back to the Trailblazer/Envoy/Bravada/etc suv's which were always a contender for me and have always heard great things. I've also had good luck with the Pontiacs I have owned over the years (one of which I still have). I have a few questions if some of you can point me in the right direction

Are there any specific years that tend to be more problematic than others to stay away from?

Are there any known issues to look out for?

Are there any major repairs that I will encounter by a certain mileage? For example the 3800's blow out the intake manifold gaskets at approx. 90k

I am assuming I would get the 4.2 I-6 as that is most common, is there any mpg difference between the regular size Envoy/Trailblazer and the 3 row XL? I don't need the 3rd row I've barely used it in the explorer, but it gives more options out there if it doesn't sacrifice the mileage too much.

How many miles are you guys racking up on these? I tend to do a lot of driving and don't like getting rid of vehicles before 300,000 (or at all if possible lol).

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
65 Posts
Mines a 2003 with 120,000 on it. I love it its usually exempt as I just tow my fourwheeler with it or if we go camping sleep in the back. Im gonna get as much as I can out of it then put about 20 grand down on a newer tahoe. I want the added tow capacity And a v8 would be nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts