Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2006 Trailblazer LS 4.6 awd.
as of about 80,00kmi Ive noticed that the the vehicle never fully engages its final drive or lockup like it used to. I seem to wait all day for it to engage into this drive setting and it will only engage with no resistance for example when im going down hill. I have noticed I cannot get any power out of the drive gears either. What I mean is when im driving at 45mph and i want to accelerate to 50 my car rpms will jump all the way up to around 2,200 rpms instead of just a few more than it was during constant speed at 45mph. these are what the GM guy referred to as flares. The thing flares all the time now and wont give me anything in the gear its riding in. the car also seems to stay about 500-600 rpms more than it used to on the highway and will only engage to overdrive or whatever at about 70. The dealer gave me an overhaul which didnt seem to help anything and now i feel vibration whenever the transmission thinks about doing anything, and right before it actually acts on its decisons. Basically i feel like my transmission is in almost a constant stage of slippage and doesnt act like it should. the dealer tech said i have unrealistic expectations on how my car should function but i know how it drove for the three years prior to noticing these issues. I am willing to pay to get this fixed but the dealer keeps telling me they cant identify any issues and im calling bull****. what should i do or what could this be?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Sorry about your troubles. My 04 Tblazer had some trans issues too but not at those speeds. Mine would slam into gear between 15-25 mph after giving it gas say into a turn on a residential street. I flushed the fluid (synthetic amsoil) and filter and it doesn't do it anymore. I also looked at the magnet on the trans pan and it was fine. Have you flushed the trans?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
58 Posts
When was the last time the transfer case fluid was changed?

GM says the normal period is at 50K. It requires a specific GM fluid (Auto-Trak II) and is an easy do-it-yourself item.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to danpe1: the dealer gave me a transmission overhaul: all soft internal parts and trans filter, im assuming the fluid would have to be replaced with such an extensive service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts