Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have seen the photoshop I did on this thread with a new ram air design. Pic

Anyway, I posted over at TBSS and someone mentioned that we should get one of the manufacturers to actually make it. So I've contacted Keystone Restyling who is the original manufacturer of the SS style ram air hood for the Trailblazer and who also makes the Avalanche ram air hoods where I photoshopped the scoops from. In the email I asked them if the design was even feasible and also attach a picture of the photoshop. I'm just waiting for a response from them now. If anyone wants to send an email over to them to show how interested we are, by all means please do.

Email:

[email protected]

My email to them:

To whom it may concern,

I'm an owner of a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS and a member of an internet forum whose main topic is the GMT360 & 380 platforms (Trailblazer, Envoy, etc.). Recently, your SS style ram air hood came up in discussion as it doesn't seem to fit the 2006 SS. At that time I searched to see what other hoods you had to offer for the Trailblazer but came up with nothing. I did however stumble across the 2002-2006 Avalanche ram air hood which made me wonder how it would look on the Trailblazer. With the help of Photoshop I was able to superimpose the Avalanche hood onto a photo of a Trailblazer SS. After seeing the response from the photo on the forum, I decided to contact you to see if it was at all feasible to produce such a hood for the SS. In the event that you would be willing/able to make it, how many people would we need to preorder to start the first batch? Attached you will find the original image, the superimposed, and a picture of the engine bay of an SS.

Thank you for your time

·
Registered
2006 chevy
338 Posts
Heh, nice to see some progressive hounding by the SS owner community for new mods. Might as well send those guys the link to the thread so they can see people actually are interested in the hood.

(Also nice to see I'm doing my part in this effort with the host truck for the photoshop. :cool:)

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red SS said:
Heh, nice to see some progressive hounding by the SS owner community for new mods. Might as well send those guys the link to the thread so they can see people actually are interested in the hood.

(Also nice to see I'm doing my part in this effort with the host truck for the photoshop. :cool:)
Ha ha, yeah thanks again bro.

So how many people would actually be interested in something like this? At least post a yes or no here so I can send them this thread link.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It would have to have more clearance for possible FI applicaitons and fully functional with at least cool air coming in those vents. A new hood to me is worthless unless it adds to the performance of the vehicle. Looks are strictly secondary for this application. I like the hood that's on there now.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
158 Posts
im down if it fits the 03 envoy xl 4.2. def cold use for cai since it is right there. what you think (fit)??????

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All of Keystone Restyling's hoods have internal duck work to channel the air over to the filter. They sell kits that eliminate the air box and "corner" off an area for the filter so that it is some-what isolated from the rest of the engine bay.

I know these pics aren't the best but this is just to give you an idea:

Underside

Filter Kit

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would buy one of these if it is functional. Heck, I'd buy it just for the looks. At a minimum it would reduce the heat in the enging compartment.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Havn't heard anything yet this morning. You guys still shooting emails over to them, I really think it would help.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got an email back:

Hi
Thanks for the email and pictures.

Our currently available Trailblazer GHG-205 only fits the 6 cylinder truck [the only format that was available when we designed the hood]. Due to clearance issues on the V8 trucks we are not able to re-engineer this hood to fit the SS/V8…and believe me we have tried!

We know there is a good demand for the V8 hoods and are working on a solution. Hopefully we will have a hood released for the V8’s by summer’s end.

Phil Alloy
1-888-575-3453 ext 1
www.keystonerestyling.com

1 - 20 of 35 Posts