Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

what do we do? boot members for not attending meets.

• yes, even if it give's chapters a bad name?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unsure, but feel something needs to be done?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
I've wrestled with the thought about booting chapter members for not attending any meets. the really bad part is (I feel) the chapter's were made for those in it, to get together, to build better friendship's (part of trailvoy but deeper than trailvoy) we all, no matter where we come from or meet. we have a great time, when we get together. some of us know this and would drive hundred's of miles for it. where other's who joined for what? they don't want to drive across town. I haven't decided what to do about those who didn't even try, I have already told those who have joined recently that they can fulfill their meet requirement next year though.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
this is what I do, I first send this,

Here are the basic requirements

Profile information must be filled in and up to date (Location and vehicle)
Gallery must contain at least 3 pictures
You must have no less then 21 posts to join chapter.
You must attend at least 1 meet, show, or get together (3+ Trilby.com members) a year
You must stay active as a member on the site (5 posts a month)
If you have not been active in at least 6 months you can be removed without warning. Military members are excluded from this ruling.
You may rejoin after 1 month of activity and a show of interest in the chapter or at the discretion of a moderator or chapter president
The moderators or chapter President holds the right to make changes as necessary to keep the chapter running in an efficient manner.

basically
you need 20 or more post, you need 3 or more pictures in your gallery and you agree to attend at least 1 meet this year or next year, then I will accept your joining.
thx, ed

it clearly states what must be done after the (basically part). I wait 1-2 days if they are serious, those are very easy things to do. if they haven't done that by then, I reject them. it may send a bad message but if they are serious some will pm me telling me as soon as that is done, they'll get back to me.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
should new members still be allowed in without attending a meet?:undecided
I vote NO, (thats what being a chapter member is about) no sense in them being a chapter member if, they aren't going to come to any meets. now, I do feel any chapter member should be able to travel at least 100 miles (2 hour's, 2 & 1/2 hours) drive to come to a meet, if that hasn't happened (none that close) then yes, they get a pass but this is something we will stress as of next year, no exception's.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
5,903 Posts
well thats understandable, this also is a grey area, we need to discuss.

when a members says he is coming but at the last minute pulls out, trying to figure is it a real reason or as our last meet, a member said he was coming but asked for members near him to help with gas, :weird: then it was, he had to take his sister bowling the morning of the meet, I feel it was BS all along

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.