Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

what do we do? boot members for not attending meets.

• yes, even if it give's chapters a bad name?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unsure, but feel something needs to be done?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Possible new chapter member requirement

Chapter Presidents: 
5K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Jonny1947 
I too am vexed by non-participants. I want to have the guys feel welcome and although most want to participate we are lacking members in enough numbers to make the meet situation viable for all. I have to take that into consideration.

The thing that is kinda pissing me off is that my VP (Ricky81), who is still active on the forum, is not good at or maybe lacks motivation to organize a meet. He has a few guys in his area that he could get together if he worked at it. :undecided I believe that the smaller meets are a good choice where geographical challenges take place.

Crap, I have only two members in one remote location. If they tell me that they just got together for coffee or beer .... I am happy.

I know it may be a challenge for the Canadian guys and may not rate high on the

But as an example of a spread out territory to try to co-ordinate

Western Canada is massive and almost 50% the size of the entire US. If you were to ever invade us it may take you a week to find anyone in the West. :excited::crackup::raspberry

Oh and having said all that ...... I think I would let them in if they flew the colors and promoted the site in his area. If he found 2 other locals he can have a meet. The solidarity of membership would be the motivation to seek members. And as said before, I have several guys in remote areas and if they can generate a couple members then that would be a plus.

I vote NO, (thats what being a chapter member is about) no sense in them being a chapter member if, they aren't going to come to any meets. now, I do feel any chapter member should be able to travel at least 100 miles (2 hour's, 2 & 1/2 hours) drive to come to a meet, if that hasn't happened (none that close) then yes, they get a pass but this is something we will stress as of next year, no exception's.
100 miles ..... piece of cake!:thumbsup:

Although I must say if a guy tries then that has to be taken into consideration. Also the weight of his forum or chapter contribution should also be carried in the other hand. Sometimes guys are really busy with work. Like I am right now on afternoon shift. :duh::bonk: (I am glad you guys are here :D)

well thats understandable, this also is a grey area, we need to discuss.

when a members says he is coming but at the last minute pulls out, trying to figure is it a real reason or as our last meet, a member said he was coming but asked for members near him to help with gas, :weird: then it was, he had to take his sister bowling the morning of the meet, I feel it was BS all along
I am a really straight up kinda guy. I will bleed for someone that gives me the straight answer and the high road. If somebody gives me a line of BS (or rips me off) then they are dead to me. Liars and cons have no place in the Western Canada Chapter and I'm sure would get a quick heavy boot from any other Chapter or from Trailvoy.:tiphat

So those guys with a million excuse should be set free to be given an opportunity to express interest, truthfulness, and commitment on another occasion :D

it is good for 1 or 2 people to choose a location and a date post it up there a couple months before the meet if possible and then the people that really want to come will work it around their schedule:yes:
:iagree: This is key to success. Get the core guys to committ then let the others fall into place. They don't have to be monster meets. In fact smaller meets more often allow people that are truly interested to make alternate plans to get to something.:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.