Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

what do we do? boot members for not attending meets.

• yes, even if it give's chapters a bad name?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unsure, but feel something needs to be done?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
I have been meaning to do a member audit of my chapter. I think that the requirement for attending 1 meet will be hard to increase the number of members in the chapter. espcially for the larger chapters like the Canada chapters and the International Chapter. I would be infavor of maybe like changing the requirement to must attend a meet within 3 or 6 months or something. but even with that i know i only have 1 meet per year in some areas like my Fl meet for the Fl guys or the fall foliage meet for the Tn/NC people. I think that it would also help if when a member hit the "join chapter" button that it first brought them to the page with the requirements and then if we made that page with like check boxes that they had to click to box to check off each of the requirements before they joined the chapter. I know that I have 18 people pending right now who applied without meeting almost any of the requirements.:rolleyes:

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
I've wrested with the thought about booting chapter members for not attending any meets. the really bad part is (I feel) the chapter's were made for those in it, to get together, to build better friendship's (part of trailvoy but deeper than trailvoy) we all, no matter where we come from or meet. we have a great time, when we get together. some of us know this and would drive hundred's of miles for it. where other's who joined for what? they don't want to drive across town. I haven't decided what to do about those who didn't even try, I have already told those who have joined recently that they can fulfill their meet requirement next year though.
Ed, I totally agree with you. I never give a second thought to the drive to Carlisle or Indy or Ohio and hopefully one day i would like to come to Chi-town. The people are what makes this site great and there are the few of us who are divoted to making meets because we know how much fun they really are. :woot: It is sad that we can have a meet in pretty much someone's back yard and they will not come out. I don't want to get people discouraged with the site by not accepting them into the chapter but i also think if we really want those people in the chapter:crazy:

here is a question for maybe you Ed; ok I know that my notifications is always a green color because i have 18 people pending membership into the chapter. for those 18 people will there notifications be green also until I accept them or reject them and also if someone applies to the chapter and is then inactive on the site; when i reject them does it send them any kind of notification that they have been rejected?

edit: lol I just noticed the tags at the bottom "meets or gtfo" lol andrew your tags are just a funny as some of your posts!

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
this is what I do, I first send this,

Here are the basic requirements

Profile information must be filled in and up to date (Location and vehicle)
Gallery must contain at least 3 pictures
You must have no less then 21 posts to join chapter.
You must attend at least 1 meet, show, or get together (3+ Trilby.com members) a year
You must stay active as a member on the site (5 posts a month)
If you have not been active in at least 6 months you can be removed without warning. Military members are excluded from this ruling.
You may rejoin after 1 month of activity and a show of interest in the chapter or at the discretion of a moderator or chapter president
The moderators or chapter President holds the right to make changes as necessary to keep the chapter running in an efficient manner.

basically
you need 20 or more post, you need 3 or more pictures in your gallery and you agree to attend at least 1 meet this year or next year, then I will accept your joining.
thx, ed

it clearly states what must be done after the (basically part). I wait 1-2 days if they are serious, those are very easy things to do. if they haven't done that by then, I reject them. it may send a bad message but if they are serious some will pm me telling me as soon as that is done, they'll get back to me.
cool Ed; I think i might start using this format for my first PM to new applicants:thumbsup:

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
i am wondering how that Ohio meet that sam is doing in may will end up; right now it is reminding me of my ATL 2008 meet thread; i had something like 40-45 names on the list at first ended up with like 12 or 13; which i was still happy with but not the original numbers; i wish that we had more mini meets my Fl guys always try to get something organized but it always falls apart and other then sammy in Tn and myself i have no body in the other states really that interested in meets.

I think that part of the problem when new(ish) members try to organize meets is they ask what everyone else thinks and try to make everyone happy. i have noticed that does not work it is good for 1 or 2 people to choose a location and a date post it up there a couple months before the meet if possible and then the people that really want to come will work it around their schedule:yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.