Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

what do we do? boot members for not attending meets.

• yes, even if it give's chapters a bad name?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unsure, but feel something needs to be done?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Today me and Bob went over our Chapter member list to find those who have not made it out to one meet this year as required.

Here are some quick stats:

members - 58
un-attendees - 23
military guys/ very new guys who are exempt - 5

It's a bummer that each and every one of the guys on the cut list promised to make it out, and we might lose a good chunk of our chapter (and one state rep) due to the posing.

What does everyone think about making a new eligibility requirement that states that a new member must have already attended a meet?

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I told our new guys the same thing, that they can wait til next year.

I seen some of the guys post in a meet thread without adding their names to the list, and then post later saying "where are the pics?":dielaugh:

edit: just saw your post Kevin, I try to bring the lolz

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the thing though, what good is a chapter with 50 members if only 20 will make it out to a meet?

I know that all of us have done our best to get people involved. Here in the MAC I had the MD guys complaining that there wasn't anything local, we had meets in southern DE and VA, and not one attended.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So anyway, my point is, don't try to shoot for meets that will include all of your members. For MAC, do a NJ/NY meet, an MD meet, a DE meet, and a VA meet. Everyone is invited, but its primary purpose is to get the locals together.:cool:
Thanks for the feedback! I tried to tell those 2 (eastern MD) that it would be easier if they would set something up, but they wanted me to set it up in an area that I am unfamiliar with because "nobody would come if they did it".

We sure could use a MD rep who is familiar with the area and drives a cool car.:cool:

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I voted no, it wouldn't be fair to the people who wanted to make it out but didn't have anything local (like the MD guys I mentioned earlier).

But back to the original question, should new members still be allowed in without attending a meet?:undecided

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.