Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have researched many threads on this issue but im still not 100% sure maybe you guys can help?

Model: 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LS 4wd 4.2L

Symptoms:

1. Sounds like a tractor on startup, then sound disappears once it warms up

2. Slight odor of exhaust coming from inside the cabin (air vents)

3. Loss of power, My car runs at about 2,000 rpm just to go 45 mph

4. Hissing sound when I rev my engine

5. Some black soot build-up on some of the cables near the manifold

If you have any ideas please give me your opinion it would be greatly appreciated, Like I said I have looked at almost every thread on here about this issue I just wanted to post my own details on the problem and wanted to get your guys feedback, Thanks:no:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
234 Posts
You should look around at the hoses on your vechile, this is a long shoot, but some of that oil might be getting into your air intake, then into your throttle body... Not sure, but you sould really check all the hoses and ensure that it is only coming from one place. Only you will see what is happening. Then let us know, you will be amazed at how much a flashlight will help with even if there is sunlight. Give it a try and look about your ride. Let us know. GL

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
73 Posts
From the looks of the pic, it looks like your camshaft variable timing selonoid is done for and it is leaking out. It usually just leaks into the plug that gives it power, and I have never seen it release that much oil, but I guess it could. Have you checked your front seal on the engine, for leaks?

Where is your EGR valve?? What year is this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.