Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Trailblazer. I normally run it in automatic 4WD. I've noticed recently that I get a strange hiccup, usually when cruising at 55MPH down my country road (the same road I drive day in and day out). At first I thought it was an engine miss, but did the tune up and I'm still having the problem. However, I drove this morning with the vehicle in 2WD and did not experience this hiccup. I'm beginning to wonder if there's an issue with my automatic 4WD, hitting bumps that engage the 4WD for a split second. As far as I'm aware (last time I used it) all functions of the 4WD work (I just don't have any indicator lights on the switch, though the N works because in the dark I see it light up when I first start the engine). There is no 4WD service light on my dash. This is a seemingly random issue that's driving me crazy! Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
369 Posts
It could well be the A4WD. That was not one of GM's better ideas. The A4WD will shift in and out of 4WD and that causes a lot of wear and tear on the components. It is really best just to leave the vehicle in 2WD, and only use 4HI or 4LO when necessary. Forget that A4WD exists. As to what may be wrong, you would need to have a mechanic look at it.
One other feature it is best not to use, and that is the lift glass on the tailgate. It is best to open the entire tailgate. The reason is that the hinges for the glass are not mechanically fastened to the glass. They are bonded to the glass, which is a fancy way of saying glued, and when they come loose, which they will due to the weight of the glass and having to overcome the force of the lift cylinders when you close the glass, it is expensive (I've heard around $1,000) to have them re-bonded to the window.
Welcome to the forum, by the way! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I'll drive it in 2WD from now on unless I think I'll need it. I love on Missouri, so we do get some snow, but I mostly wanted 4WD because I have a horse and I use a small utility trailer to get round bales. Sometimes it's really wet where I need to drop them off.

I didn't think about the back glass, of course that's what I mostly use because the shocks on the main gate are bad. Guess I'll be replacing them fairly soon...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts