Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
Purchased New in 2006 - 112,000 today
Overall been a good vehicle - pull a 4,000+ lb boat about 8-10 times a year. Pulled the fuel pump at 60K to fix the known fuel gauge issue. Must have replaced it with another faulty part as it lasted about 40K and I'm back to using my trip odometer to monitor the fuel level - I'm not fixing it again. Wheel sensors went bad at about 60k and just replaced the entire hub assembly with some parts from Detriot Axle. The driver's side power seat has been jammed forever. It reclines but does not move forward or backward - motor sounds like it's trying. Currently have a nagging PO304 code that does not appear to affect performance much. Have replaced coil and plug - code went away for about 50 miles and then returned.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks for the input guys!
The brakes really impressed me on this 04 ... original brakes went to 140k. I replaced with aftermarket rotors and pads a couple of times until i tired of the crap china steel rotors repeatedly warping and since its back to oem rotors and pads ... no warp, dust or noise. Best rig I've ever owned.

·
Registered
White 2002 Trailblazer EXT; Dark Charcoal/Green 2005 Trailblazer EXT
144 Posts
94,440 miles (bought new in 2003).

But just today my automatic shifter slipped out of gear while trying to reverse and it would not go back into any gear. I was able to put it back at the park position, but the transmission stayed in drive. So I took the key out, then my shifter locked in the park position, and would not unlock again (even with both the ignition switch turned to the unlock/on position and the brake pedal depressed). Now I can't start the car because the transmission is in drive, but the shifter is locked in park. I don't know......Murphy's Law I guess????
check the linkage where it hooks to the side of the transmission. The cable snaps onto a ball on a lever on the side of the trans, and they are known to wear and get "sloppy" and to pop off of the ball. If it's the case, you can manually move the lever under the truck to match the cable and "pop" it back on. It will, however, eventually pop off again, so you would need to get the cable looked at/replaced. It could have done the same thing in the center console, but it's not as likely as under the truck (for obvious reasons)

·
Registered
White 2002 Trailblazer EXT; Dark Charcoal/Green 2005 Trailblazer EXT
144 Posts
Oh, and my ride...a 2002 TB EXT 2WD 4.2L. I bought it October 2019 with 172,000 on her odometer, and has 194,000 on her now. I've replaced the coils and plugs (I had two go out two weeks apart, so I replaced the complete set of six with an aftermarket kit, and kept the good old ones for spares in the trunk floor bin) I have had the PCV (fixed orifice on the drivers side) stop up and cause it to use oil like crazy for two weeks until I got it cleaned and unstopped and have replaced the starter. I have an oil leak on the engine rear currently that I'll have to find when I get a little time, and will be having to replace the ball joints/a-arm bushings/shocks/struts and a wheel alignment soon (all of the front end is original to when it was built in 2002, so I'm OK with that lifespan. Oh, I took the third row seat out of it and installed the largest mechanics tool box that I could fit where the seat was and loaded the pull out drawers down with tools (as I'm a contractor) and pack at least one ladder on it every day and am blessed to be getting an average of 19MPG!

I have a wrecked 05 TB short for parts, and am looking for another EXT that needs an engine or trans for less than $1000 to transplant the wrecked one's engine and trans into because I like the one I have so much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 03 ext with 311,000 on the dash as of today! I replaced the whole front end last year and a new rack and pinion but other than that it’s ran like new until recently the tranny went bad after a fluid change it’s not catching 2nd gear and going straight to 4th lol

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
Trying to justify the new tranny in my 04 TB, with 240k miles ... looking around the internet i see quite a few still on the road at 200 - 300k.

How many miles does your TB have and what major repairs have you had to do?

This one, before this transmission rebuild, has only wanted ware parts, nothing else major. Best rig I've ever owned, from a maintenance perspective.

FYI ... complete rebuild with torque converter and upgraded parts cost me shy $3k.
2002 TBL here. 324,000 Miles. Bought it with 40K miles.
No MAJOR repairs. Front axles, Hubs,
Front 4wd drive clutch unit
Power Steering lines rusted out
Right now, only issue of concern - timing belt is noisy. I'm told its a worn belt, or guides. Quoted $2,000. Given the age, miles, and creeping body rot, I'm inclined to drive it until it blows! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced my fan clutch myself, do not remember exactly when. About 6 month, or so after the radiator replacement my alternator went out (the one part I did not replace). I got a lifetime warranty quality alternator from NAPA. A several months ago I replaced my throttle body, because I could not get rid of the rough idle, and that fixed it. I have even cleaned the TB once since then. Not that many problems. One of the best vehicles I have ever had. teatv hellodear.in

41 - 49 of 49 Posts