Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
94,440 miles (bought new in 2003).

But just today my automatic shifter slipped out of gear while trying to reverse and it would not go back into any gear. I was able to put it back at the park position, but the transmission stayed in drive. So I took the key out, then my shifter locked in the park position, and would not unlock again (even with both the ignition switch turned to the unlock/on position and the brake pedal depressed). Now I can't start the car because the transmission is in drive, but the shifter is locked in park. I don't know......Murphy's Law I guess????
It's the auto transmission manual selector switch down on the side of the transmission ..easy fix ..there's a u tube video walking you through it step by step. Part was $50at oriellys...mine just did similar ...was putting it in park and stuck in reverse won't let me shift or start it ..switch fixes issue..takes about hour to replace with common tools

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
Trying to justify the new tranny in my 04 TB, with 240k miles ... looking around the internet i see quite a few still on the road at 200 - 300k.

How many miles does your TB have and what major repairs have you had to do?

This one, before this transmission rebuild, has only wanted ware parts, nothing else major. Best rig I've ever owned, from a maintenance perspective.

FYI ... complete rebuild with torque converter and upgraded parts cost me shy $3k.
I have 267,000 miles on my 2002 LS and I got my transmission rebuilt at around 220,000 miles for $1500.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
1 Posts
I own two 2008 Trailblazers, one SS Awd has 33k I treat it like a baby. It’s a gas guzzling toy. I bought it in 2009 with 17k on it. The other is an LS 4wd has 56k on it today and 22k when I bought it from a car rental in 2009 for my wife just before I found the SS.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
8 Posts
2005 GMC Envoy, bought new. Has 240k now. Had 2 transmissions put in, only because a shop screwed the first replacement up. Only other major maintenance was 4x4 encoder motor, coil, and fuel tank level sender... Car doesn't owe me a damn thing, has been great!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have a 06 with 60k and a 03 with 225k no issues that I didn't create the 03 just lost its transmission selector switch so that and a tune up for both has been my only expenses ..so I will keep both quite awhile longer...I am getting ready to lift the 03 and add larger wheels and tires

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
5 Posts
Trying to justify the new tranny in my 04 TB, with 240k miles ... looking around the internet i see quite a few still on the road at 200 - 300k.

This one, before this transmission rebuild, has only wanted ware parts, nothing else major. Best rig I've ever owned, from a maintenance perspective.

FYI ... complete rebuild with torque converter and upgraded parts cost me shy $3k.
‘07 Envoy Denali w/5.3, 203K now, 99K when I bought it as a bank repo where my brother works. Was the wife’s daily driver. Had to replace the oil pressure relief valve in the belly of the oil pan (replaced in vehicle), Rebuilt entire top half after AFM/DOD lifter failure (troubleshooting nightmare). Other normal wear and tear items include brakes, rotors, front suspension, shocks, struts, battery, alternator, and rear airbags. Also had the wires that feed the rear lift gate module break inside the hinge which caused a slew of problems. No rear wiper, no rear defrost, messed up door locks, messed up Interior exit lighting, loss of tire pressure monitoring, and a throttle body MIL code with erratic/high idle

·
Registered
34 Posts

But just today my automatic shifter slipped out of gear while trying to reverse and it would not go back into any gear. I was able to put it back at the park position, but the transmission stayed in drive. So I took the key out, then my shifter locked in the park position, and would not unlock again (even with both the ignition switch turned to the unlock/on position and the brake pedal depressed). Now I can't start the car because the transmission is in drive, but the shifter is locked in park. I don't know......Murphy's Law I guess????
Try the Solenoid

try the button Bypass on the so annoyed oh God

try the button on the solenoid under the center consult , where the shifter is , right next to it, you’ll see it. Push it and you’ll move it.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
2002 TBL here. 300,000 Miles. Bought it about 2006 with 75,000 miles. Never touched the tranny. A/C runs Ice cold. Engine is rattling. Either worn timing chain, or chain guides according to my mechanic. At this point, about $2K to replace it, just not worth it, so I am driving until it blows. Big ticket items over the past 14 years.. New PS Lines.. rusted out; 4WD clutch unit. What I call "routine" items - Front drive CV shafts; Front hubs; alternator, fan clutch, upper ball joints; lower control arms; IP Cluster.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
2002 Envoy with 312,000 miles. I had my transmission rebuilt around 240k (seems to be a common theme in this tread). The engine is fantastic, never leaks/loses oil. However, the A/C kicked the bucket about 4 years ago, the rear wiper blade stopped working about that time, the passenger door lock mechanism needs to be replaced, front 4WD differential got beat to death by a broken CV shalf so we engineered a plug for it so it's technically 3WD capable... Definitely a A to B vehicle now.

·
Registered
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS
40 Posts
2006 LS 4.2 4WD. Purchased at 6mo w/18K.
Still on original brakes at 151K.
Serviced the trans at 90K and 135K
Serviced all three diffs at 133K
Replaced fuel sender at 45K
Spark plugs at 100K
Clutch fan twice, water pump once.
Oil stays clean and on full between changes.
Had to put in a new ECM at 90K as it would no longer start when ambient temp fell below 65 degrees.
Had shop do factory vacuum/fill on A/C this week. Was down 11 oz but still worked great - not bad for 14 years.
Still gets 17MPG city/hwy. Runs about 50 mi/day
Next up: the wife wants a new carpet kit.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Mine is a little under 320k miles it was in rough shape when I got but it runs like brand new i change the oil every 3000 miles and transmission fluid every 15000 i have never had an issue with the transmission since I have had it mainly oil leaks cooling problems and misfires have been all of my problems

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
11 Posts
Bought new in 2003 has 159k. Ignition switch replaced within a year (now on its 6th switch). Out of balance Driveline replaced, ambient air temp sensor, all four window regulators 1 twice, 2 water pumps, 2 fan clutches, drivers outside rear view mirror, window washer pump, 4 HVAC actuators, rear HVAC electronic fan speed resistor, 4 window/tailgate struts, Sway bar endlinks twice, left and right tie rods , 4sets of brake pads , front disks twice and rears once, vacuum booster, left front axle @135k and right side @145k, ruptured special coolant lines with shop hand made replacement (No longer manufactured for the 5.3), burst Heater coolant valve, transmission shift link bushing, Headlight Relay, drivers interior door panel mounting bracket (at armrest)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my 02 with 195k miles, transmission went out out at 203k, new front rotors and brakes, spark plugs, oil and air filter changes. When I had the transmission rebuilt I had them fix the front seal as it was leaking. Now not a drop have 212k on it

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
2008 4.2 4wd. 105000 miles. No major problems. All maintenance in the manual has been done on or before time due. Replace brakes and rotors at 70,000. Had to replace power steering lines a few years ago. Just had to replace transmission lines. I had the stabilitrak fixed twice but the last time it failed, I left it like that. I don't trust the stabilitrak. It felt like it was trying to steer me into oncoming traffic the last time it started comming on for no reason. Since then, if it comes on I hold down the button till it turns off.

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
24 Posts
'04 4.2l AWD Rainier, bought used in '07 with 53k, has 221k now.
Replaced front diff/transfer case and rear axle and transmission with salvage yard replacements (at different times), on my third transfer case motor, yanked out air shocks, A/C compressor once and perhaps due for 2nd time, replaced power steering (everything), runs great most of the time. Check engine light is relentless but the SUV runs strong regardless. Coming up on needing a new set of tires, will decide then to shoot it and bury it or not then, but, hey, it's paid for. I would like to keep it on the road.

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
81 Posts
Just looked at my 2004 Rainier's odometer and it says 225,513 miles. My Rainier has the 5.3-liter V8 engine and has been a really good vehicle. It was three years old when I bought it in 2007 and it had 33K on the clock at that time. I've replaced two water pumps, one A/C compressor, one alternator, and struts, shocks, brakes, tires. Finally replaced the rear air suspension with springs this year. Engine, transmission, and running gear are still doing great with regular fluid changes. No rust on the body and the leather interior is holding up remarkably well. I think I'll make it to 300,000 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 08 4wd Base mode with 141k miles. Owned it since 2013 and I had to replace the water pump myself and something with steering (ended up taking it in to the shop) but other than that, i haven’t had any problems with it. Good vehicle.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts