Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to justify the new tranny in my 04 TB, with 240k miles ... looking around the internet i see quite a few still on the road at 200 - 300k.

How many miles does your TB have and what major repairs have you had to do?

This one, before this transmission rebuild, has only wanted ware parts, nothing else major. Best rig I've ever owned, from a maintenance perspective.

FYI ... complete rebuild with torque converter and upgraded parts cost me shy $3k.

·
Registered
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4wd,4.2L,Indigo Blue Metallic
3 Posts
228,000 bought it at 225,000 needed transmission when I got it.Runs great after all new plugs and coil packs after po300 code. 2003 4.2 4wd

·
Registered
5 Posts
94,440 miles (bought new in 2003).

But just today my automatic shifter slipped out of gear while trying to reverse and it would not go back into any gear. I was able to put it back at the park position, but the transmission stayed in drive. So I took the key out, then my shifter locked in the park position, and would not unlock again (even with both the ignition switch turned to the unlock/on position and the brake pedal depressed). Now I can't start the car because the transmission is in drive, but the shifter is locked in park. I don't know......Murphy's Law I guess????

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
31 Posts
171,000 on my '03. Bought it brand new and it's my daily driver. No major repairs, unless you include a H2O pump a few years ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 04 just got a rebuilt tranny at 240k ... i see others out there 300k+ and one at 640k. My mechanic knows of one over 320k.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
162 Posts
100,000 and I bought it with 84k. I love this truck. Had zero issues until this past weekend.

·
Registered
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT
278 Posts
I
100,000 and I bought it with 84k. I love this truck. Had zero issues until this past weekend.
think mine had 89,000 on it when I bought it 7 years ago now im at 120,000 I love it I wish it would last forever. The prices they are gettn for trucks now is rediculous. 70 grand for a tahoe.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
03 Trailblazer bought brand new. 213K miles. New Arms, BJ (Upper and Lower), Evap, 14 Coil packs (replaced more times than cylinders) w/pump, Crank seal (pain to do). Runs like a champ tho.... My wife loves her TBlazer. Diamond193 is correct. These new rides are a steep!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
My 2003 Envoy is going on 224,000 miles and I had to do two fan clutches and 3 water pumps. Needs new engine mounts and will do that shortly. A pretty reliable truck.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
My 2003 Envoy is going on 224,000 miles and I had to do two fan clutches and 3 water pumps. Needs new engine mounts and will do that shortly. A pretty reliable truck.
Forgot, I did my mounts as well. That knock was irritating....

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
2008 with 162K. Bought with 17K when it was 14 months old. Repairs, I hate to say it: very few still has original brakes, original water pump, one issue wA/C, replaced office tube; that is all of the trouble I’ve had with it. Changed oil and filter every 5K, changed trans fluid every 60K. Still drives great and rides better than my wife’s 17 Traverse. Now it is down to about 6K per year, just local.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
123 Posts
2002 LTZ. I bought it new. 160,000 on the clock. No real issues until this year. Fuel pump, water pump, cooling fan and plugs. Fan clutch and exhaust gasket about 10 years ago. Runs and drives great. If they still made this version, I would buy one today

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
815 Posts
Trying to justify the new tranny in my 04 TB, with 240k miles ... looking around the internet i see quite a few still on the road at 200 - 300k.

This one, before this transmission rebuild, has only wanted ware parts, nothing else major. Best rig I've ever owned, from a maintenance perspective.

FYI ... complete rebuild with torque converter and upgraded parts cost me shy $3k.
04 TB Ext
Truck bought in 2005 with 20k miles.. Tranny went out in 2014 at 190k miles at 200k Engine had to be rebuilt... today Truck is still running strong at 278k miles

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
28 Posts
I have an 02 with about 243K on it, and it is running great. I had the radiator split at the top seem about 4 years ago. At that time I spent about $1000 to have the radiator, all houses, and the water pump replaced. I replaced my fan clutch myself, do not remember exactly when. About 6 month, or so after the radiator replacement my alternator went out (the one part I did not replace). I got a lifetime warranty quality alternator from NAPA. A several months ago I replaced my throttle body, because I could not get rid of the rough idle, and that fixed it. I have even cleaned the TB once since then. Not that many problems. One of the best vehicles I have ever had.

·
Registered
8 Posts
04 LS, 4WD—-bought used in 05 w/30k miles. Wife’s ride for a few years, then my daily driver since. Transmission rebuild @ 160k miles (cooler flush and new converter), nothing major since. Sitting at 333k miles, and still going strong. Knew a guy with a 2WD (04, I think) who drove his until his timing chain [email protected] over 500k miles. Said he had not ever had any major work done on it (not even the tranny).

Definitely a good truck.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
14 Posts
39,000 miles - a 2005 EXT that I keep in FL which I visit from PA ±6 times a year.. Keep it outside with a car cover on it when not in FL & it still looks amazing.. Only issues (other than brakes, tires, wiper blades, oil changes, battery, other typical maintenance) have been a ruptured Power Steering Cooler, Exhaust manifold & 02 sensor, an AC freon leak (which a can of AC Pro yearly keeps in check) and a Transmission shift cable.

All in all - pretty darned good! I consider it one of the best vehicles I've owned.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2 Posts

I just let mine go at 322k, original trans & it was shifting fine. The whole vehicle was still great, except for the oil pump - motor still ran quiet & strong with less than a qt/oil burned between 5k changes. Hated to let her go, but with the trans having 322k, I couldn't justify the labor of pump replacement. Felt the torment of it becoming a money-pit.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts