Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Polk/MOMO MM2104 10" subwoofers? What are your thoughts on these? Thinking about replacing a 7 year old set of 10" Rockford Fosgate HE subs with these and wanted to know if it is worth it. I can get 2 for $99.99. The sealed box that I am using has approximately .67 cu ft. per chamber. So it seems like it would match up with the Polks pretty well. I would be powering these subs with a Alpine MRP-M450 with the 2 subs wired in parallel to run at a 2 ohm load so they would be seeing 400 watts RMS from the amp. Do you think this will power a pair of these subs adequately? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
wait, nevermind. that amp pushes 400 and those subs take 300 each. i would look into one sub that is around 400-500rms. if your on a budget look at the type r by alpine gets pretty good sound and loud (if you want it to). if you have a larger budget look around, im sure more people will chime in.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a Polk DB series 12" it runs at 500w in a ported enclosure. Im using the Polk MOMO 500.1 amp and it sounds so clean and it hits incrediably hard. I got the amp and enclosed sub at crutchfield for about $350 shipped. I love Polk products! :)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
133 Posts
wait, nevermind. that amp pushes 400 and those subs take 300 each. i would look into one sub that is around 400-500rms. if your on a budget look at the type r by alpine gets pretty good sound and loud (if you want it to). if you have a larger budget look around, im sure more people will chime in.
He would be fine if he went with the Polks. Since that amp pushes 400 watts on one channel, both subs will have to share the 400 watts. That means each sub will be seeing about 200 watts rms. They will be fine.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
200 each (sealed)is pathetic. you wont hear anything. personally i wouldn't do a sub for less than 500rms (no less than 350 minimum).

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
133 Posts
I know what you mean. I think 200 watts is pathetic even ported. I personally wouldn't go less that 1000 watts but that's just me. But I was only saying that for his sake and I wanted to tell him that be could get those subs if he really wants to.

To the OP - You could get those subs if you want to but I would suggest getting a better single 12" sub since the space requirements for 2 10"s are about the same. You could look into the Alpine Type R like GavinVoy suggested earlier as those are very good budget subs. But what we really need to know is your budget.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts