Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I plugged the hole in the intake that goes to the mysterious resonator in the airbox and I cannot tell even the slightest bit of a difference. I wasn't expecting power increases but I can't hear even the tiniest amount of a change in the sound. Apparently GM spent thousands of hours and probably millions of dollars designing something that is absolutely pointless. It really surprises me that they are headed for bankruptcy! Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of the General and even own stock right now but spending time, money and resources on items like this which are useless just boggles my mind.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
Well I plugged the hole in the intake that goes to the mysterious resonator in the airbox and I cannot tell even the slightest bit of a difference. I wasn't expecting power increases but I can't hear even the tiniest amount of a change in the sound. Apparently GM spent thousands of hours and probably millions of dollars designing something that is absolutely pointless. It really surprises me that they are headed for bankruptcy! Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of the General and even own stock right now but spending time, money and resources on items like this which are useless just boggles my mind.

What did u plug the hole with??:undecided

want to do the same to mine but dont know what to plug it with:cry:

:thx:thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
What hole? While I agree that some things are truly pointless... making a change like this may not be noticeable by ear or even by your personal DYNO skills with performance gains....

when u remove the airbox next to the air filter

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What did u plug the hole with??:undecided

want to do the same to mine but dont know what to plug it with:cry:

:thx:thumbsup:
I used the high tech approach, i.e. the cap from a spray can of Kilz primer. Other brands might work but it was the only one in my shop that fit perfectly. I had to trim the radius a bit because the hole is angled but it fits well inside the two rings in the rubber grommet. The bit of cap that sticks up fits into the hole in the airbox cover. I'll try to take pics later.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I used the high tech approach, i.e. the cap from a spray can of Kilz primer. Other brands might work but it was the only one in my shop that fit perfectly. I had to trim the radius a bit because the hole is angled but it fits well inside the two rings in the rubber grommet. The bit of cap that sticks up fits into the hole in the airbox cover. I'll try to take pics later.

oh yea pics:eek::eek:

:thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.