Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with the manifold issue that it seems like more and more people are having, I had planned on tackling the issue this weekend.

Last sunday my TrailBlazer just stopped going, couldn't figure out why so I had it taken down to the shop. No fuel pressure, possible trans going as well.

I got my truck back two days ago, and the "trans" issue wasn't any better. I made a few phone calls and got a place close to my house to look at it. After I got it there this morning, we plugged it into the computer and it wasn't tripping any codes for the trans. So We took it for a ride and the tech confirmed that it was just a plugged cat.

So instead of spending 1500 on yet another transmission, I infact am only spending 700 on the whole bill. I have the studs and gasket for the manifold. They are charging me me 300 for labor for that. Then 400 for the cat.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
get a magnaflow direct fit cat. cost half as much as the oem cat plus its stainless steel...

·
Registered
432 Posts
How Much?

I'll admit that I don't know a lot about it... but it seems to me that replacing a catalytic converter shouldn't be any more complex than replacing a muffler. Why do they want $300 labor?

-- Dan Meyer :coffee

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
I'll admit that I don't know a lot about it... but it seems to me that replacing a catalytic converter shouldn't be any more complex than replacing a muffler. Why do they want $300 labor?

-- Dan Meyer :coffee
:iagree: mine cost 100 for labor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts