Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help from the ground up.:confused: I have an 04 Trailblazer LS and I really want HIDs. But i have no clue where to start or what to do. I would really love to have a full list of part, everything i will need. Try not to leave anything out ;) haha. Thank You. Also if there is a website that has everything i need that would be great also. All i know is that i want the 6000k temp.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
221 Posts
ddmtuning.com get 9006 hid kit. and get the wiring harness so all the power coems straight from the battery and all your headlight wires do is turn on a relay

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Yes as blckshdw stated... search my friend... that's how I learned everything.. I even watched videos on youtube of how to install them...

ddm is a reputable site as well as vvme.com..that's where I jus got mine from....

You will need the complete conversion kit (9006 bulbs as stated earlier)
Relay harness (this instructs the ballast to pull power from your battery)
Drl (daytime running lights) killer from member tblazed or jetttstream.com

And that's it.. quite simple my friend.. don't think too much into this.. it literally takes about 30 min to completely install... and its just plug in and go

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
You really don't need to bigger than 35w. IMO 55w is overkill and if you don't aim your lights down a bit, you'll piss other drivers off.

I have 35w in mine and they are aimed exactly where they should be...I can see very well at night and have had only one person flash me in about 2 years...that was only a month ago.

Matt

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast (35W or 55W)
Wattage 35 Watt 55 Watt (+$10.00)

HID Harness Dual in, Dual Out $12.50

This is what you get off of DDM Tuning. Im curious about the harness. What does dual in, dual out mean? Is that what i need?

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast (35W or 55W)
Wattage 35 Watt 55 Watt (+$10.00)

HID Harness Dual in, Dual Out $12.50

This is what you get off of DDM Tuning. Im curious about the harness. What does dual in, dual out mean? Is that what i need?
35W is what most people get. In most cases, these kits give more than enough light. I don't know for sure, but I assume the dual harness is high and low beams in one harness. :undecided

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Yea 55W is waaaaay to much for us... jus stick with 35 and ull b plenty happy.. and I agree with you blkshdw.. I think the dual is for another bulb....

Check out www.vvme.com
Look up 9006 hid kit w/relay harness....that's all you'll need my friend...shipped at your door step in 3-4 days max and installed 1 hour later... can't go wrong

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
651 Posts
Thanks for the tip there Boricua SS. I ordered the kit thru VVME Ebay, with relay, for 56 bucks shipped. Strangely, I had one headlight blow when I left the inlaws this morning. And when I stopped to get gas, the other headlight blew. So instead of spending 47 bucks on some silverstars, I just went with the HID's. Driving around the next few days with a single headlight borrowed from the wifes car.

Now I just need to do the 6 way light mod, and the DRL full power mod, I think...

Since I am doing the relay, will I still have to do the full power mod?

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
...Since I am doing the relay, will I still have to do the full power mod?
The DRLs are a pulsed signal through the low beam socket, resulting in only about 70% brightness. The capacitor mod will keep them at a solid 100% signal, which will keep your ballasts from making a buzzing sound as they would be repeatedly turning on/off/on/off etc. That may be why your lights failed, killed your ballasts from the DRLs :bonk:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
66 Posts
I swear by DDM- the digital slim ballasts are the way to go- and the warranty is key.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.