Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my batter has died three times in the last 2 weeks, but today it died while I was driving it. Went to oriellys they checked the alternator and it's good, the batter was bad so I bought a new one. Now my battery light comes on at random times. Also the last few weeks my dash panel has not worked right. None of my gages have been accurate. And one of my tail lights and blinker lights on one side keep blowing. My radio also turns off and on sometimes. And some times my charger ports work sometimes they don't. I fill like it's something bigger than the battery. Can everything that's been going wrong all be connected somehow? What do I need to do. I'm a delivery driver so my trailblazer is how I make a living for me and my children. And today is almost got me amd my oldest in a wreck cuz it decided to just die I'm traffic. It was terrifying. Where do I need to start to try amd fix this problem? What do yall awesome people recommend I do?

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,163 Posts
Sounds as if you likely have more than one trouble with the vehicle.

Do you work on the vehicle yourself or pay a mechanic?

I would try to prioritize the troubles. Safety issues come first of course, followed by reliability/dependability.

Having the vehicle die in traffic is both unsafe as well as unreliable so that is where I would begin. This means we need to know far more than just "it died in traffic".

All details are important. Did it die suddenly or sputter and gradually lose power? Were there warning lights on the dash when it happened? Did it restart afterwards or was it towed? Did it need to have the battery recharged?

You see where I am going with this? Take a SINGLE event or issue, describe it in detail and try not to mix in several different troubles all in one jumbled long entry. That is the way logical diagnosis works best.

I understand that you are not a truck mechanic and may not know straight away what is related and what is not but that is where we can help steer you in the right direction.

So start with it dieing in traffic and tell us the details of that one event.

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
786 Posts
I would start by carefully checking the condition of the battery cables and ground connections. Have a friend with some mechanical knowledge remove the underhood fuse box and see if there are any green crusties down there.

· Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,439 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

We also need to know the following Year, Make, Model, Trim Level, Engine, Mileage, If the Check Engine light is illuminated, and any and all Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) found when reading the On Board Diagnostic (OBDII) system.

· Premium Member
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
524 Posts
When it dies, does it die completely, like as if you removed the key from the ignition? Or does it stall and the electrical stuff stay on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts