Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm John and new to the site please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong area but I need help bad and have posted in other areas with no help please anyone that may know what I need to do please let me know thank you in advanced and GREAT site I have done/learned allot from here.

I'm having a issue that I cannot figure out for the life of me. When I first start my 05 trailblazer LS the vehicle shakes/vibrates (mainly when the ac is on but has done it with ac off a few times) but after a little while it will go away and not come back till the next day or few hours later (always smooth while moving) once I've stopped driving. I have also had a problem with the trailblazer randomly shutting off out of no where it only happens when I'm at a stop and the vehicle is not moving never had a issue while driving seems like idling has a hard time keeping proper RPMs but only at certain times and this is what's killing my nothing is solid everything is internment. So I have done these things to try and resolve this issue with no success I throughly cleaned the throttle body, installed new iridium denso plugs, new cam sensor, thoroughly cleaned the cam actuator, used sea foam (vacuum and fuel), and switched/changed the oil to mobil 1 advanced full synthetic. I haven't changed the crank sensor and I have been told I need to do that ? I am getting a check engine light codes are P0014 intermittent exhaust (B) cam sensor over advanced timing (just replaced 1 month ago light is back) should I do the crank sensor to get rid of this ? and also getting P0526 fan speed circuit. Don't think the fan code is causing the shake just need to replace the clutch correct me if I'm wrong here ?

PS it's a 2005 Chevy trailblazer LS 4.2L I6 2wd with 100,235 miles aside from this the truck drives perfect no misfires, smooth running when this issue isn't present and great vehicle just can't figure this out please please please any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2007 chevy
299 Posts
Never heard of those plugs before. Our trucks much prefer the AC Delco 41-103 plugs. Search for it on here and you'll see. That could cause shaking. Also I would check the engine mounts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually got the idea to use these plugs from trailvoy I tried AC Delco plugs and had the same issue with them that's actually what made me try these denso plugs

·
Registered
2007 chevy
299 Posts
When you clean the throttle body, it takes some stop and go type traffic for a while for the computer to relearn it has a clean throttle body. Unplugging the battery for 30 mins as you know resets the computer.

Also make sure all connections are connected. Could be a vacuum hose off or perhaps one of the coil packs is not seated properly.

If it were me, I'd go ahead and change the crank sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm gonna go ahead and change it. I have driven the vehicle over 500 plus miles since the reset and it started to get worse as time went instead of better. So from the looks of it I need to go ahead and change the crank sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts