Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the PIE gm12-auxv2 aux input in my 04 TB LS. It is functioning fine however my main dash air vents no longer work.

If I move the selection dial it will sometimes put some air to the feet but it mostly is stuck in the defroster vents even when it is set to full on the main dash vents.

I read the sticky on the HVAC motor and was wondering if you guys think this could have been triggered by me removing the radio? Maybe I knocked some wires loose?

I checked all the connection in the actual plug of the AC controller board, they seemed fine.

I tapped all my power and ground lines from the radio itself, no random wires.

Any help would be very appreciated!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should also mention my AUX input is spliced with an orange 12v line from the radio and is grounded to the radio casing.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
I have a similar issue, I installed a streamlight ultrastinger flashlight charger in my trunk and to do so had to undo the main positive feed to the rear fuse block which fed the HVAC system. Now I cant get air out of my front vents, the others still work and the temp still adjusts, just wont come out of the front vents. This is a common problem apparently in our trucks, try unplugging the #36 fuse in the rear fuse block (or disconnect neg side of battery) and leave it off for at least 2 minutes. Then put it back in and turn the vehicle to the run position but dont start it, once its in run DONT TOUCH ANYTHING. Leave the AC controls alone no matter what they do, supposedly it has to recalibrate itself and if you touch any of the buttons you will cancel the recal and it will stay screwed up. Dont touch it for about 90 secs to two mins (from what I have heard). You should hear the fan speed change I think along with the vent actuators. I did this and it still wont work so everyone is saying I need a new door mode actuator, but I find it too coincidential that it happen to die just at the same time I disconected the battery, I dunno. Unless these things are super sensative to power surges or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts