Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've done my search so please do not get mad. But what I am look'n for is the part number for the grill piece that has the bow tie. I would like the parts number for the white one or any place or website that it may be found at. thanks for any advise.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
I believe most people paint them to match if they didn't come like that. I don't think you can buy a paint matched one from GM.

Anyone else know if im sorta right ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I just wasn't sure about painting over the chrome. trying to take the best route. appreciate the advise.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Actually some models i think did come painted. But just paint over the chrome. It will look and last just as long as a factory painted one. :m2: And much cheaper.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
266 Posts
theres a big debate in painting chrome. ive heard some people say the paint sticks and some say the paint will chip. my 2 cents...its prolly gonna chip or peel. if u do paint the chrome...prolly sand with soap and water with a red scotch brite. clean the **** out of it. then adhesion promotor. the other way is im pretty sure LTZ came with a painted to match bar.

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
If youre gonna paint the chrome, I would suggest wet sanding it with a 220 or 320 grit and maybe a 400 after that. There are some guys here on the site that know way more than I do about prep work. I just painted My grille. Check it out http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?p=726095#post726095 .

I bought a new aftermarket paintable grille and saved my chrome one. A good adhesion promoter will help on the sanded chrome (it's still plastic). I used Rustoleum Plastic primer #209460. Making two light coats then let that sit for 4 days before top coating. It reads that you can top coat after 1 hour but maxium adhesion and durability is achieved in 5-7 days.

The new grille came fully painted except for the cross bar. Just raw plastic ready to go. The place I got mine from is a body supplier in New Jersey outside of Phila. pickup only. Called Certi-Fit. they have a web site and have other locations. Good prices for body parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
searched on the gmparts direct website i'm not finding anything does anyone have the parts#. thank you

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
199 Posts
I believe what you are looking for is;

8 Moulding AllY, Grille
w/ HLamp Washers
Chrome: 89044503
Painted: 89045531
w/o HLamp Washers
Chrome: 89045613
Painted: 89044660